Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tow mirrors & Lariat

Old 09-27-2015, 07:58 PM

Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts
Default Tow mirrors & Lariat

Are the tow mirrors body colored on Lariat non-sport, non-chrome package trucks? Or are they all plastic skull caps?

Love the tow mirrors but like the colored standard side mirrors.

Also, anyone live with both? If I tow twice per month I wonder if I'd be happier without them? I do love in in SoCal so spots can be tight.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:21 PM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I have a non sport non chrome lariat and mine are black plastic. My truck is Tuxedo Black but the mirrors are not the same black color. I don't tow at all but I love the visibility of them. Blind spot mirrors are helpful as well to me. Also the fact that they power fold make it easy to park in tight places.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by FFPM03
I have a non sport non chrome lariat and mine are black plastic. My truck is Tuxedo Black but the mirrors are not the same black color. I don't tow at all but I love the visibility of them. Blind spot mirrors are helpful as well to me. Also the fact that they power fold make it easy to park in tight places.
Thanks. Do you find you need to fold them in a lot or are standard parking spots able to accommodate them not being folded. Even power folding might get annoying each and every time.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:58 PM

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts

I have a lariat sport and hardly ever tow but this truck was on the dealer lot and had everything else I wanted to figured what the heck. I'm 50/50 on them. They are big. I usually fold them in when going down a tight 2 Lane road. Two pickups with tow mirrors passing = bad results. I also park my truck in a standard 2 car garage so I have to fold them in every day. It's really not a big deal but if I had to do it over I would probably not get them. Even when I tow it's only a small utility trailer so they're not needed anyways.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Lariat FX4 and the tow mirrors are black plastic, not body color. I pulled mine off though and put standard body color mirrors on. I drove with the tow mirrors for the first 1500 miles or so and didn't have an issue in parking spots, but I tended to power fold them in. If you're looking for a set, mine are up for sale.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:18 PM

Thanks. I figured you guys would convince me to get them, but surprised most think otherwise.

I like the super duty look it gives the f150 though.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:31 PM

Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm planning to order mine with the tow mirrors as I too like the look of them.
I only tow my boat maybe once a month so it is really just about the looks for me.
I also think the mirrors will just perform better for everyday driving. I can't see how they could not. Plus they have the blind spot mirror at the bottom. That along with the BLIS system would seem about as safe a setup as you can get. I figure it will just become second nature to hit the fold button as I exit the vehicle.

I understand those who don't like the look, but am I wrong in thinking that they perform better for everyday driving??
Old 09-27-2015, 10:10 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by KYBuckeye
I have a lariat sport and hardly ever tow but this truck was on the dealer lot and had everything else I wanted to figured what the heck. I'm 50/50 on them. They are big. I usually fold them in when going down a tight 2 Lane road. Two pickups with tow mirrors passing = bad results. I also park my truck in a standard 2 car garage so I have to fold them in every day. It's really not a big deal but if I had to do it over I would probably not get them. Even when I tow it's only a small utility trailer so they're not needed anyways.
Hey KYBuckeye, I too have the Lariat Sport. Mine came with the standard size mirrors that are fully loaded. I ended ordering and buying the tow mirrors. If you are interested my standard mirrors with all the bells and whistles on them I am open to selling them since I do not believe I will ever put them back on. They were on my truck for approx 2.5 weeks so they are basically brand new.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:03 PM
NRAGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I need my tow mirrors

Originally Posted by Nighthawk87
Are the tow mirrors body colored on Lariat non-sport, non-chrome package trucks? Or are they all plastic skull caps?

Love the tow mirrors but like the colored standard side mirrors.

Also, anyone live with both? If I tow twice per month I wonder if I'd be happier without them? I do love in in SoCal so spots can be tight.
I tow a 35' travel trailer, I would be lost without my tow mirrors.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:01 PM

Received 325 Likes on 223 Posts

I put them on mine. I can not go without the extra visibility - especially the wide angle mirror!

Use Forscan to fold them in when turning the truck off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tow mirrors & Lariat