Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tonneau Cover in Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 07:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tonneau Cover in Canada?

Hey guys,

Just bought an 18 502a Lariat SCrew 2.7l 4x4 shortbed here in the cold north and am looking for a hard cover for the bed.

Wondering what peoples' thoughts are on the following:

mx4
Extang Encore
x2 revolver
Peragon
Truxedo

Definitely looking for a hard top, preferably one that is easy to unlatch. I like how with the Bak's you just pull the cord. It's important to me that it's fairly waterproof, and won't freeze in the winter time. Saw a few Youtube videos where the x2 freezes and can't be used in cold weather. Anyone have any recommendations of both a hard cover (folding or retractable) that will work well in the winter and is easy to use, and of a Canadian vendor that would be best to buy from? I don't mind spending a bit of money to get a great product, but I would prefer to spend less if possible.

Thanks!

Last edited by tim-x; 06-25-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:57 PM

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

I have an MX4.. and I'd have a hard time recommending it because of its lack of waterproofness. I love the cover otherwise.. easy to operate, strong, looks great. But definitely leaks more then I would have expected.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:58 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Couple weeks ago I got an Undercover Tonneau SE. So far absolutely love it. It's not foldable, however, it weighs about 50-60 lbs and you remove the whole thing in about 2 mins. We've been getting downpours in Florida and not one drop of water in my bed. Autoanything had it shipped to my house for $810.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:45 PM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

i have the same truck and had the dealer install the Ford trifold, flush mounted inside the rails. It operates with cords on each section, not sure who makes it for them but i like it. Looks like UnderCover ArmorFlex is the one

Last edited by hawetr; 06-25-2018 at 08:53 PM. Reason: add name
Old 06-25-2018, 08:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tim-x
Hey guys,

Just bought an 18 502a Lariat SCrew 2.7l 4x4 shortbed here in the cold north and am looking for a hard cover for the bed.

mx4
Extang Encore
x2 revolver
Peragon
Truxedo

Definitely looking for a hard top, preferably one that is easy to unlatch. I like how with the Bak's you just pull the cord. It's important to me that it's fairly waterproof, and won't freeze in the winter time. Saw a few Youtube videos where the x2 freezes and can't be used in cold weather. Anyone have any recommendations of both a hard cover (folding or retractable) that will work well in the winter and is easy to use, and of a Canadian vendor that would be best to buy from? I don't mind spending a bit of money to get a great product, but I would prefer to spend less if possible.

Thanks!
the truxedo was on clearance at partsengine last week for 719. I think it's still on sale at action right now but not sure.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:54 PM

Received 2,952 Likes on 1,647 Posts

Hey guys,

mx4
Extang Encore
x2 revolver
Peragon
Truxedo

Thanks!
Have you looked at the Enthuze? Its same and made by Bak but its a bi fold instead of three fold for A LOT LESS money.
Ive had mine for a few years now...its been great! And it sits flush with the truck box.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by dannofx4
Have you looked at the Enthuze? Its same and made by Bak but its a bi fold instead of three fold for A LOT LESS money.
Ive had mine for a few years now...its been great! And it sits flush with the truck box.
How easy is it to use? Just wondering is it user friendly to open/close? Really like how you just pull a wire with the bak ones.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:17 PM

Received 2,952 Likes on 1,647 Posts

How easy is it to use? Just wondering is it user friendly to open/close? Really like how you just pull a wire with the bak ones.
Exact same thing...pull wire on either side to unlock.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:49 PM

Anyone use a roll up hard cover where you get a harsh winter? Have read that they freeze up and need to thaw in a garage sometimes.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:21 AM
Veteran, retired Navy..

Received 2,008 Likes on 1,704 Posts

Hey guys,

Thanks!
Dealer didn't call it waterproof, but I do. ( this is 6 1/2' )
Leer 550, fiberglass, lifetime warranty, not cheap.

Quick Reply: Tonneau Cover in Canada?