Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tonneau with Canoe Rack

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 05:34 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Tonneau with Canoe Rack

Like the title says, I am looking for a tonneau that will work with Yakima racks. If not, are there any racks that anyone would suggest that do work with a tonneau? I use one pair of the Yakima Outdoorsman 300 near the tailgate with a Yakima roof rack in the front.

These are the racks I have:
Amazon.com: Yakima OutdoorsMan 300: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Yakima OutdoorsMan 300: Sports & Outdoors

Thanks much for the help!
Old 06-05-2016, 06:27 PM
D44

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I will be looking for the same thing when my truck arrives. Need to find rack systems that don't clamp around the rails and interfere with the tonneau - I was looking on the internet at Adarac, TracRac - need to see these in person but they say they don't interfere with the tonneau.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:29 PM

Searching on the site I saw those but I like the simplicity of the Yakima racks. I was wondering if a roll tonneau would fit them better.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same boat. The website is garbage but this stake pocket rack looks like it might fit the bill - https://www.usrack.com/responsive/stake-pocket-rack.php. It's not the most attractive rack but it has a small footprint, no clamps, and the racks can be easily removed while leaving the bases bolted into the pockets. I don't think any racks that utilize clamps on the inside of the rail will play nice with tonneaus.

Last edited by rhemz; 06-05-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:26 PM
F150 Forum

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Can I answer any questions about the ADARAC? I'd be happy to help anyone in need.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:05 PM

Will adarac work with the 5.5 ft bed?
The following users liked this post:
Agri-Cover, Inc. (06-07-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 07:51 PM

So I think I am going to go with the Extang Solid Fold 2.0. Here is why:

I know it cannot be used with the racks that I have. However, it is very easily removable and it doesn't have any rails to mess with the installation of the rack. I can easily take it out or just fold it to the front and install the Yakima racks.

The ADARAC, while I am sure it is a nice product, is a little more than I need. I need to take the canoe a few times during the summer, and don't need a rack besides those times. not to mention I don't want to cut into the front stake pocket of the truck.

Before I purchase, have you guys seen any other tonneau covers that don't use rails?

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2016, 09:13 PM

Received 194 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Semantics
Will adarac work with the 5.5 ft bed?
Yes it does. I Just installed the racks and already had the Access tonneau. They both work great. The only complaint I have is that the racks are pretty heavy. That said they are also very sturdy. I can snap a few photos tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Semantics
is a little more than I need. I need to take the canoe a few times during the summer, and don't need a rack besides those times. not to mention I don't want to cut into the front stake pocket of the truck.
I thought that too. Then I fabbed up a set of low crossbars that I can use for a basket or bike rack or anything else I want to keep below the roof line. As for the stake pockets theres no go around on that. They need to be cut.

Last edited by 13.; 06-06-2016 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:16 PM

Received 204 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by ACCESS
Can I answer any questions about the ADARAC? I'd be happy to help anyone in need.
Sure, two questions which I should be able to research myself (but will ask you since you offered):
1) Will ADARAC work with a Peragon? (Peragon does work with the TracRac SR.)
2) How long does it take to uninstall/reinstall the Adarac system once it has been set up the first time? I ask this because I don't want to keep the rack on all the time, just when needed. On my old truck I had a rack system and it impacted gas mileage and added wind noise at highway speeds.

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2016, 09:22 PM

Received 194 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by TooManyVehicles
Sure, two questions which I should be able to research myself (but will ask you since you offered):
1) Will ADARAC work with a Peragon? (Peragon does work with the TracRac SR.)
2) How long does it take to uninstall/reinstall the Adarac system once it has been set up the first time? I ask this because I don't want to keep the rack on all the time, just when needed. On my old truck I had a rack system and it impacted gas mileage and added wind noise at highway speeds.

Thanks!
I can answer 2 as an owner. You would have to remove four 9/16" bolts and the side rails would stay in place. The side rails will be difficult to put on and off frequently. Taking the cross bars off isn't too bad but they are a bit heavy and bulky.

Quick Reply: Tonneau with Canoe Rack