Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with XLT non-mft radios....what does it display?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 09:02 AM

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Those with XLT non-mft radios....what does it display?

Originally eyeing 302a's....prob the 16's with sync 3....but I have seen some potential great deals on 15's w/301a. First off, let me just throw out there the radio is NOT the deciding factor between the 2 nor is it any sort of make or break feature. In fact, with the MFT in the 15's, I actually don't like the implementation of it since it defaults to the quadrants, which half of is completely useless on the XLT if you don't have nav (which is a ripoff anyways). Don't need an entire quadrant for a compass ball, nor an entire quadrant to access settings. Would be a little different if it could default to the radio screen.

Anyways...with the normal base radio w/sat...I haven't found anything in the owners manual or on the internet that says exactly what the little screen is capable of displaying. I know album art is out. From misc pictures it looks like channel # + title, artist, and song is displayed with sat radio. Appears similar for local content with 3 lines (artist, album, song?)...but normal ole radio, which I would use the most with, I don't see much of anything usefull in the book or online. Just pictures that pretty much all just show like "preset 1" on one line and the station numbers for example "87.9" on the next with no RDS info. Just kind of curious if that's all it really shows if it has a good 3 or 4 lines of space available, or if it does show full RDS info something like:
preset 1
87.9 City's #1 rock station
X artist / Y song

Again, not at all decision impacting, just curious.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:53 AM

Received 877 Likes on 568 Posts

Song/artist
Station
Preset
Attached Thumbnails Those with XLT non-mft radios....what does it display?-image-3467258390.jpg  

Last edited by antho; 12-18-2015 at 09:57 AM.
The following users liked this post:
C17chief (12-18-2015)
Old 12-18-2015, 09:57 AM

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

Is this what you were asking to see?

This is what my '15 XLT display looks like on FM Radio. Above where it says 102.9 It will scroll through the radio stations call letters, phone number and the artist that is playing and the name of the song

On this station the Eagles happen to be playing. Also up next to the time of day in the upper right it shows the battery life and service available to my cell phone which is connected to the truck via Bluetooth.
The following users liked this post:
C17chief (12-18-2015)
Old 12-18-2015, 10:00 AM
Master

Received 452 Likes on 254 Posts

If your buying a 16 then it doesnt matter, but when I purchased my 15 I specifically hunted a truck WITHOUT MFT as I hate it. I'm very happy with the screen pictured above in mine.

When it comes to operating everything, I want ***** and buttons. Not a screen.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:26 AM

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by TB15XLT
If your buying a 16 then it doesnt matter, but when I purchased my 15 I specifically hunted a truck WITHOUT MFT as I hate it. I'm very happy with the screen pictured above in mine.

It is a very minor reason. Biggest is the way the in stock units are configured around here. They for the most part lack stuff I really want or else have a few K worth of additional stuff I don't care for if other boxes are otherwise checked, which means I'll prob have to order one. Of course the time to do an order on 15's is long past. There are a couple lesser equipped 15's still around that are on the money for what I want (except no sliding window which isn't a biggy) on a bit more modestly equipped truck at great prices right now. Then of course there is sync 3 and the supercab crash bars too, but again, really minor not real impacting stuff there.

Again, just curious. Even if they were completely crap units, that should be easily rectified in the near future once more of these trucks hit the junkyards. I don't know if aftermarket will ever be practical on these since besides the usual sync/usb port/rear camera adaptation issues, just the physical layout with the actual radio being down low behind the climate control and essentially just the sync APIM and screen being up top....but swapping in SYNC 3 or MFT setup including the face panel with the bigger hole, different buttons, etc should be easily doable at reasonable cost.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:46 AM

Received 226 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by TB15XLT

Yes and yes.

Quick Reply: Those with XLT non-mft radios....what does it display?