Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of switching to Ford but concerned with seats

Old 02-03-2016, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of switching to Ford but concerned with seats

Hello All. I am in the market for a new truck and am considering a 2016 F150 King Ranch 5.0. I've owned nothing but trucks since 1981, but this would be my first Ford. I love the looks of the new F150 and the interior is one of the major "pros" in my decision process. However, I'm concerned after reading all the threads about loose/stretching leather on the seats. I've searched and found conflicting answers as to whether or not the new King Ranch models use a thicker, higher quality leather than the Lariat and Platinums.

How many of you King Ranch owners are having issues with loose leather on the seats? I will not be happy if I purchase a $60K truck and my seats look like crap in 6 months. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:00 PM

Received 274 Likes on 191 Posts

I have a 20k miles on my King Ranch, and my seats are a little loose, but nothing like some others have posted on here and not bad enough for me to risk the dealer trying to fix them. The King Ranch leather is definitely a superior leather to the others, but then again that's what you're paying for, so it better be! The interior is my favorite thing about my truck.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:07 PM

Received 866 Likes on 375 Posts

Mine is a Lariat but some of my other issues would carry over to the KR. I honestly am sick of the lack of caring from Ford to fix these issues. I would look for a 2014 instead or shop around longer. These issues need to work themselves out before I recommend buying a F150!
Old 02-04-2016, 07:26 AM

Received 1,266 Likes on 843 Posts

Don't look just at the leather.. Consider the heating cooling, comfort and headrest also.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:54 AM

Received 100 Likes on 88 Posts

Some people have had issues with the leather while others have not, makes me wonder?. Dealers and ford at times do not care. Other times they are taking care of things. Maybe as a forum we need to confront ford.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:00 AM

Received 1,266 Likes on 843 Posts

Originally Posted by jtnuge
Some people have had issues with the leather while others have not, makes me wonder?. Dealers and ford at times do not care. Other times they are taking care of things. Maybe as a forum we need to confront ford.
I had no idea there were people that didn't have a problem with the leather. Have they posted any pictures of their good seats?
Old 02-04-2016, 08:20 AM

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by pb65stang
I have a 20k miles on my King Ranch, and my seats are a little loose, but nothing like some others have posted on here and not bad enough for me to risk the dealer trying to fix them. The King Ranch leather is definitely a superior leather to the others, but then again that's what you're paying for, so it better be! The interior is my favorite thing about my truck.
So you are saying the King Ranch leather is superior to the Platinum and Limited models?

Ford has many suppliers for thier products and we are probably seeing issues with a particular supplier.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:28 AM

Received 866 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by jtnuge
I have confronted Ford... They sent an engineer out, replaced the entire seat assemblies for both front seats, and guess what the new seats look like crap.

The engineer even inspected the seats and "special ordered" the replacements himself...

Yep the trust is there that a good seat exist
Old 02-04-2016, 08:30 AM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Livoniabob
I had no idea there were people that didn't have a problem with the leather. Have they posted any pictures of their good seats?
that's the problem with these forums.. people typically come to rant so all you get is the negative feedback... some of us have no issues with our trucks.. mind you I only have the lariat, and I've only had it about 3months
The following 2 users liked this post by FuzzzMan:
BCMIF150 (02-05-2016), Ricktwuhk (02-04-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 09:21 AM

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

My plat seats, leather is fine, neither cool, and passenger seat doesn't heat

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking of switching to Ford but concerned with seats