Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tesla radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 03:04 PM

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Tesla radio

i know there have been several threads about this. But is the new chipset coming out anytime soon? I’m about to buy it and don’t want to get it just to have the new chipset come out.

Also so are there any must have apps for it?
Old 01-29-2019, 03:30 PM
Brodozin' through life

Received 1,345 Likes on 840 Posts

The following users liked this post:
KillinTime (01-29-2019)
Old 01-29-2019, 03:44 PM

Received 765 Likes on 462 Posts

There has been discussion of the new chipset coming out but they just released anew version that has a faster boot time with the same chipset. I don't expect a newer version with the PX5 for another year or so.

Some must have apps for me are SiriusXM, Pandora, iHeart Radio, MLB Atbat, and YouTube I've also recently installed a FireTV.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by KillinTime
There has been discussion of the new chipset coming out but they just released anew version that has a faster boot time with the same chipset. I don't expect a newer version with the PX5 for another year or so.

Some must have apps for me are SiriusXM, Pandora, iHeart Radio, MLB Atbat, and YouTube I've also recently installed a FireTV.
so I should just go ahead and order from Phoenix now and get the 10% off right now then?
Also with a remote start and manual controls does the heat still turn on automatically to the last setting? Or do you lose that feature either the tablet
Old 01-29-2019, 04:23 PM

You could if you want. That's a decision you need to make. If it were any other mod, I could give you a definitive answer on whether to go with it or not. This unit is not for everyone. It takes a little getting used to but I love it over my Sync 3 with nav. You will lose the ability to have the hvac unit come on with remote start. However, Linkswell has released an update to correct this problem. The only issue is they say their software isn't compatible with the Phoenix version of the same unit. Most of us on here belive the Phoenix units and Linkswell units are identical. I've been considering trying the update from Linkswell to see what happens.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:51 PM

You could if you want. That's a decision you need to make. If it were any other mod, I could give you a definitive answer on whether to go with it or not. This unit is not for everyone. It takes a little getting used to but I love it over my Sync 3 with nav. You will lose the ability to have the hvac unit come on with remote start. However, Linkswell has released an update to correct this problem. The only issue is they say their software isn't compatible with the Phoenix version of the same unit. Most of us on here belive the Phoenix units and Linkswell units are identical. I've been considering trying the update from Linkswell to see what happens.
well i have a sync with the tiny screen no nav or anything special. so it sounds to me that it'd be a good upgrade. android iOS doesn't bother me even though I'm an apple guy.
are there any other quirks i should know about be for investing in the radio?

i do have unlimited hot spot so that's one reason i want it is for the nav. instead of using my phone
Old 01-29-2019, 05:10 PM

The boot time is about 30 seconds or so. The reverse camera is immediate so the boot time doesn't bother me. By the time I back out of my driveway and get on the main road, the unit is up and running. The time will be incorrect for the first few seconds when it boots up but will correct itself. Some apps in the Playstore aren't compatible because the firmware is outdated on the unit. These are the only ones I can think of. None of these bother me so I really don't worry about it. The only thing I had a problem with was watching football or baseball games and I installed the FireTV to eliminate that problem.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:54 PM

Yeah I pulled the trigger and ordered the fast boot for 603.... they have a 10% off thing going right now. I don’t have a backup camera so maybe this will give me an excuse to add one .
Old 01-29-2019, 06:58 PM

Awesome! Welcome to the club. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:23 PM

Awesome! Welcome to the club. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
thanks. i hope i do too. would any back camera work with it? or would you have a suggestion on one

Quick Reply: Tesla radio