Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SYNC 3 + Pandora + iPone

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 02:38 PM

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Default SYNC 3 + Pandora + iPone

I just bought a 2016 lariat SuperCrew with SYNC 3 and nav. I have been having an issue with using Pandora with app link. I have a 6s Plus with IOS 9.2.1 and the latest version of Pandora. When I connect my phone via USB and start Pandora, it shows up under apps and I can select it as an audio source and all is good. Unfortunately as soon as I use Siri, change the audio source, make a call, etc Pandora disappears from the Apps page and is no longer listed under audio source. I have to kill Pandora on the phone and restart it, then it will show up until the next time I use Siri, change source, make a call, etc. I also noticed that sometimes on the home screen if Pandora is the audio source that the song title does not update on the Pandora window. If you go to the actual audio screen it does though. As a side note, even when Pandora disappears from the apps screen and audio source list, Pandora still shows the SYNC logo on the phone. Seems like a SYNC 3 bug, but I guess it could be Pandora or IOS. Has anyone else had this issue, any fix for it? Thanks.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:21 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Hi rritch,

I recommend trying a soft reset on your iPhone. Press & hold the POWER and HOME button until the apple appears. Let go of both buttons and allow the phone to power on.

Let me know if this helps.

Shaay
Old 02-09-2016, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi rritch,

I recommend trying a soft reset on your iPhone. Press & hold the POWER and HOME button until the apple appears. Let go of both buttons and allow the phone to power on.

Let me know if this helps.

Shaay
Will do, both the truck and phone are brand new. Got the phone Friday and the truck Saturday. I will give it a try this evening and post back results. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Ford Customer Service

Originally Posted by rritch
Will do, both the truck and phone are brand new. Got the phone Friday and the truck Saturday. I will give it a try this evening and post back results. Thanks!
Awesome! Get back to me when you get a chance.

Shaay
Old 02-09-2016, 05:23 PM

Shay,

I did the soft reset and it may have helped some. After the reset Pandora no longer disconnect but the audio source would switch to Bluetooth streaming. I would have to go back to source and select Pandora again. That worked for a while. Then one time I switched back to Pandora and there was no sound but the progress bar was moving. After that my phone locked up and I was unable to do anything with it until I disconnected the USB B
Old 02-09-2016, 05:45 PM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm having the exact same issue.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:03 PM

Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

Try listening to a voicemail on your phone when it's connected. The whole radio starts to switch back and forth and freaks out..
Old 02-10-2016, 09:06 AM
Ford Customer Service

Shay,

I did the soft reset and it may have helped some. After the reset Pandora no longer disconnect but the audio source would switch to Bluetooth streaming. I would have to go back to source and select Pandora again. That worked for a while. Then one time I switched back to Pandora and there was no sound but the progress bar was moving. After that my phone locked up and I was unable to do anything with it until I disconnected the USB B
Try a system reset: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...US_10_2015.pdf You can find the instructions on page 113 of the online manual.

Originally Posted by jwr689s
I'm having the exact same issue.
jwr689s,

Have you tried a soft reset to your iPhone? If so, I recommend trying the system reset as well.

Shaay
Old 02-10-2016, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Try a system reset: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...US_10_2015.pdf You can find the instructions on page 113 of the online manual.

jwr689s,

Have you tried a soft reset to your iPhone? If so, I recommend trying the system reset as well.

Shaay
I will give that a try later today and see if that makes a difference.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Ford Customer Service

I will give that a try later today and see if that makes a difference.
Perfect! I'll be waiting on your findings.

Shaay

Quick Reply: SYNC 3 + Pandora + iPone