Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync 2 w/ MFT Aftermarket options?

Old 02-17-2019, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sync 2 w/ MFT Aftermarket options?

Hey folks, I hope this is the correct section for this discussion. I have a 2015 xlt with MFT. I'm pretty happy with the system, but I'm itching for better integration with my phone . I've looked everywhere for an aftermarket solution, but as I'm sure you guys know the options are few and very expensive. So, I've got 2 questions:

1. Models without MFT (sync 2) can be replaced with little work. What makes MFT so different? All I can ever find is that MFT is integrated too deeply into the truck to replace with an aftermarket head unit. What exactly is MFT doing that sync 2 isnt? I know some trim levels with automatic climate controls and heated seats are controlled on the screen, but I have manual controls for heated seats, and manual climate control.

2. If I wanted to upgrade to Sync 3 do you guys recommend paying for a kit from one of the online sellers like Infotainment, or buying separate pieces and putting it together myself? If I do it myself is it a big headache? I haven't used forscan before, but I'm familiar with it .

Thanks for any help y'all!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sync 2 w/ MFT Aftermarket options?