Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sub Mounting Depth SCREW Behind Seat

Old 09-09-2015, 08:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sub Mounting Depth SCREW Behind Seat

I'm looking at adding an aftermarket sub and was wondering for those that have done this what is the max mounting depth?

I would like to get a 10" woofer and I found some subs on Amazon that range in between 7 and 9 inches deep.

Has anyone mounted one if so do you have pictures or links where you got it?

And to clarify I'm only interested in behind the seat NOT under. I love my under seat storage and don't want to give that up.

Thanks!

Brian
Old 09-10-2015, 11:18 AM

Received 83 Likes on 41 Posts

I do not know the exact mounting depth but one member on here put a JL audio box behind his seat and it was about 5" thick. While it fit behind the seat he lost the ability to put the seat bottom up to access the floor and under seat storage. Your probably going to need a slim 10 with a mounting depth of around 3" inches and a box that slants from wide at the bottom to skinny at the top. I have an Alpine SWR-t10 which is only 3.25" deep (BTW I highly recommend this sub its amazing for its size). I am hopefully going to build myself an enclosure that will fit with that 10 in a month or two. I had it in a box I built for my 2011 that neatly fit under the rear seat passenger side in my old SCREW. A few other companies make slim subs as well so I would start there.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:50 AM

Received 256 Likes on 146 Posts

I had a Pioneer shallow mount sub in my 2009. I had it in a box under the rear sets in a supercrew - have no idea how it will fit if you're trying to get it behind the seat.

Linky: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU.../Shallow+Mount
Old 09-10-2015, 12:24 PM

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Buck Snort 0710
I'm looking at adding an aftermarket sub and was wondering for those that have done this what is the max mounting depth?

I would like to get a 10" woofer and I found some subs on Amazon that range in between 7 and 9 inches deep.

Has anyone mounted one if so do you have pictures or links where you got it?

And to clarify I'm only interested in behind the seat NOT under. I love my under seat storage and don't want to give that up.

Thanks!

Brian
Amazon.com : Prescient Audio TD-12-04 ThinDriver® 12-inch 1200 Watt (600 RMS) 4 Ohm Super Shallow Subwoofer : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Prescient Audio TD-12-04 ThinDriver® 12-inch 1200 Watt (600 RMS) 4 Ohm Super Shallow Subwoofer : Car Electronics

.56 cft, 2.25 woofer depth
Old 09-10-2015, 01:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for all the replies. That sucks about the 5 inch box and not being able to fold the seat up. With that said I think I might go the safe route and just get an 8 inch sub and shoot for 3 inch mounting depth or less.

Please post pics of the JL 10" when you get it mounted curious to see how that will fit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sub Mounting Depth SCREW Behind Seat