Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Squeeking" noise in rear

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 02:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default "Squeeking" noise in rear

I have a 2015 XLT SCrew Sport, and installed the 2.5" Rough Country leveling kit. The kit came with a 1" block and new shocks for the rear. After install I noticed a loud "Squeeking" noise coming from the rear when I go over bumps, or in and out of driveways at a moderate, non excessively fast speed.
Anyone else experience this issue or know what it could be?
Thought I'd at least ask everyone before I take apart my rear end and re-install the factory shocks and and remove the 1" block to see if the problem still exists?

Note: Yes, I'm positive this noise was not there prior to install, it's really hard to miss.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

looking for direction to go in order to improve ride & handling of my 2015 F150 XLT Extended cab
Old 05-29-2016, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a 6" bds lift installed 2 weeks later my rear leaf springs squeak as well been trying to find a way to fix this. Sprayed em down with wd40 seemed to quiet it a lil bit but still have it going slow into driveways.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:57 PM
Size Matters

Received 3,359 Likes on 1,698 Posts

SSM 45533 - Effective Dec 16 2015
2015 F-150 - Leaf Spring Tip Isolator Squeak Noise

Some 2015 F-150 vehicles may exhibit a rear squeak noise during suspension travel. The noise may originate from the plastic rectangle shape spring tip isolator. This can be confirmed by placing a business card between the tip isolator and spring and jouncing the rear suspension. The business card should eliminate the noise if the spring tip isolator is the root cause. Not all vehicles are serviced with the same spring tip isolator part number. All factory installed isolators are white, but the service part may be a different color. Refer to the parts catalog for the correct application. The procedure for cleaning and replacing the isolators is found in Workshop Manual (WSM) Section 204-02.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:08 PM

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by tmcolegr
SSM 45533 - Effective Dec 16 2015
2015 F-150 - Leaf Spring Tip Isolator Squeak Noise

Some 2015 F-150 vehicles may exhibit a rear squeak noise during suspension travel. The noise may originate from the plastic rectangle shape spring tip isolator. This can be confirmed by placing a business card between the tip isolator and spring and jouncing the rear suspension. The business card should eliminate the noise if the spring tip isolator is the root cause. Not all vehicles are serviced with the same spring tip isolator part number. All factory installed isolators are white, but the service part may be a different color. Refer to the parts catalog for the correct application. The procedure for cleaning and replacing the isolators is found in Workshop Manual (WSM) Section 204-02.
Awesome I was just about to take mine to the shop to have them check the torque on the sway bar, but think this is it

Quick Reply: "Squeeking" noise in rear