Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius Travel Link - Sirius canceled before the 5 years was up

Old 11-09-2018, 10:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sirius Travel Link - Sirius canceled before the 5 years was up

So yesterday I renewed my SiriusXM radio subscription for a year. They have a deal for $70 for the year. The truck was purchased in 2017 and came with a "complimentary" 5 year Travel Link subscription.

So this morning I get in my truck and start driving and all of the sudden Sirius cuts off. I hit the Sirius section and it tells me my subscription has been deactivated and to call 888-539-7474. So I do.

While I am waiting to get someone I noticed my Travel Link is now showing unsubscribed. I get someone, tell them whats going on, and they send a refresh and my radio comes back.

They tell me how ever they will not give me Travel Link back. I ask why? They tell me that it was only supposed to be a year. I argue with them for 5 minutes and they tel me to call my dealership. So I call my salesman - who tells me it is supposed to be 5 years. He calls Sirius for me and they tell him no. He gets them to give me a year as a courtesy. He them tells me to call Ford Customer care. I call Ford. They call Sirius. Sirius tells them no. WTF?

Ford tells me to call Sirius. I mean it's not the end of the world, but it irritates me that they did this.

So long story short (and sorry for the rambling) be careful renewing your radio subscription while you have the "complimentary" Travel link. You may lose it.

Last edited by JKocot71; 11-09-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:30 AM

Received 391 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by JKocot71
So yesterday I renewed my SiriusXM radio subscription for a year. They have a deal for $70 for the year. The truck was purchased in 2017 and came with a "complimentary" 5 year Travel Link subscription.

So this morning I get in my truck and start driving and all of the sudden Sirius cuts off. I hit the Sirius section and it tells me my subscription has been deactivated and to call 888-539-7474. So I do.

While I am waiting to get someone I noticed my Travel Link is now showing unsubscribed. I get someone, tell them whats going on, and they send a refresh and my radio comes back.

They tell me how ever they will not give me Travel Link back. I ask why? They tell me that it was only supposed to be a year. I argue with them for 5 minutes and they tel me to call my dealership. So I call my salesman - who tells me it is supposed to be 5 years. He calls Sirius for me and they tell him no. He gets them to give me a year as a courtesy. He them tells me to call Ford Customer care. I call Ford. They call Sirius. Sirius tells them no. WTF?

Ford tells me to call Sirius. I mean it's not the end of the world, but it irritates me that they did this.

So long story short (and sorry for the rambling) be careful renewing your radio subscription while you have the "complimentary" Travel link. You may lose it.
Call them back and tell them to cancel your service, see what that gets you.
The following users liked this post:
RubyRedX3 (05-17-2019)
Old 11-09-2018, 01:43 PM

Received 507 Likes on 358 Posts

From the 2018 brochure:

SIRIUSXM®TRAFFIC
& TRAVEL LINK®2,7
Complimentary for 5 years
Real-time traffic updates
Fuel station locations and prices
Current and forecasted weather
Movie locations and showtimes

Have you logged into your account to see what it shows?
Old 11-09-2018, 01:45 PM

So I called back and threatened to cancel. Got patched through to a Supervisor who sounded exactly like the person I was originally dealing with. Best they could do for me was a 1 year free trial of Travel Link. They told me my dealership cancelled the 5 year complimentary subscription. I let me salesman know what they told me and he assures me the dealership is not cancelling Sirius Travel Link link on it's customers. Already tired of the ping pong back and forth between Sirius, Ford Corporate, and my Dealership. At least I have it back for a year.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:06 PM

Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

I was involved in an accident in June and the body shop was going to have to replace the frame. My subscription renewed and I called to cancel it since I wasn't sure how long the truck was going to be in the shop (turns out it was there for over three months). When I got it back, I noticed that my travel link subscription had been cancelled. I called Sirius and told them that I only wanted the radio subscription cancelled because the truck was in the shop and I didn't know how long it was going to take to get it back. They told me that because I cancelled the radio subscription, that cancelled all of it. I told them that the truck came with a 5 yr subscription to the travel link services that was not part of a radio package and I wanted it turned back on. They tried to tell me that they couldn't do it, but I told them that the travel link was not dependent on the Sirius radio package, that it was actually a separate service that was a free subscription from Ford. After going back and forth for a few minutes, they finally turned the travel link services back on. They asked if there was anything else that they could do and I asked them about a 6 month for $30 subscription offer. Since I had it on my motorcycle already, I didn't know if they would do a second one on my truck as well. The went ahead and set it up and when I got in the truck and turned it on to verify it was working, I checked and my travel link services were coming up as subscribed. When you call them, tell them that the travel link services are not part of a radio package, but a 5 yr subscription compliments of Ford. If they don't want to turn it on, talk to a supervisor and make sure they understand that it is NOT a separate paid service that you are paying for. And you are in even better shape if you still have the paperwork that shows it's a 5 yr subscription. Don't let them get away with this crap. And my truck is a 2016 with the same option on the radio. Good luck!!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Griffalo:
JKocot71 (11-09-2018), msgtord (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 03:16 PM

Griffalo thanks! I took your advice and called back - explained everything to the person that answered the phone. She actually went back thru the case notes and my prior billing statements and saw where it was incorrectly cancelled. She apologized and gave me 5 years of Travel Link starting today.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just checked mine....6 months free Sirius music and 5 years traffic and travel link. I purchased in July 2018.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:59 AM
Worst hairday ever...

Received 253 Likes on 165 Posts

I got tired of Sirius and their run around tactics a few years ago. Emails go straight to spam folder and regular mail into the shredder.
The following users liked this post:
Ohsix (01-31-2019)
Old 11-10-2018, 01:30 PM

Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

Griffalo thanks! I took your advice and called back - explained everything to the person that answered the phone. She actually went back thru the case notes and my prior billing statements and saw where it was incorrectly cancelled. She apologized and gave me 5 years of Travel Link starting today.
Glad to hear it!!! I don't use a lot of the travel link stuff, but it's nice to have when I do want to use it, and considering it's free for 5 yrs, I want it when I want it in that time period. I only listen to one or two stations on Sirius, but I listen to them almost all the time so that's why I have the radio subscription. When the 5 yrs is up, i'll probably cancel the Travel Link as I don't want to pay for a bunch of stuff I won't use. Most of that info I can get on my phone with no problems.
Old 12-26-2018, 07:24 PM

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I was in same boat as you, first representative gave the BS line it's combined and you cannot have the trial of travellink without the sirius, 2nd call got " Joshua" who took the time to do whatever they do to override the "system" and it now works the call took 57 minutes so obviously they make it real difficult to override their system

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sirius Travel Link - Sirius canceled before the 5 years was up