Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius removal?

Old 05-14-2019, 09:33 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sirius removal?

Every time I scan through media sources, Sirius pops up a subscription note asking me to call or cancel. I have to go to the touch screen each time, I cannot bypass it and move on to the next media source. So it's like AM....FM....CD....Sirius (POP UP!)...push cancel.....Sirius channel 2...(POP UP!)...push cancel AGAIN.. It's a MF pain in my ***. Do I have to go through the whole FORScan route? Would the dealer do this for free?

Last edited by Smawgunner; 05-14-2019 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:54 AM
FX4

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Ford must get a kick-back for each Sirius/XM subscription, why else would they do this?
Old 05-14-2019, 11:13 AM

Received 1,202 Likes on 752 Posts

I think Forescan is the only way to remove it.
The following users liked this post:
Smawgunner (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 03:45 PM

Received 74 Likes on 50 Posts

Like to delete AM and FM, it defaults to the static since have no antenna
Old 05-15-2019, 12:09 AM

Received 231 Likes on 126 Posts

FORScan or get a subscription. FORScan is soo worth it anyway, it's cheap and it can fix little annoyances that the truck ships with or give other benefits.

BTW, I might do a subscription even though Sirius kinda sucks, my friend's free subscription was up and he called to cancel and they offered 6-months for $1...then you basically just have to put in your calendar to call and cancel in 6-months and do it again. Most are reporting 6-months for like $5 online so maybe that's more of the norm...might be worth it if you're ever in the need for a change or you just want to listen to the game.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:45 AM

Received 1,202 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by BMack37
FORScan or get a subscription. FORScan is soo worth it anyway, it's cheap and it can fix little annoyances that the truck ships with or give other benefits.

BTW, I might do a subscription even though Sirius kinda sucks, my friend's free subscription was up and he called to cancel and they offered 6-months for $1...then you basically just have to put in your calendar to call and cancel in 6-months and do it again. Most are reporting 6-months for like $5 online so maybe that's more of the norm...might be worth it if you're ever in the need for a change or you just want to listen to the game.
Last time Sirius called to beg me to come back I offered them that I would take it if they would give me $10/month. They thought about it but decided not to. Oh well it was a good deal for them so their loss.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:55 AM

Received 273 Likes on 167 Posts

How do I get rid of that black bulbous sirius antenna on roof and fill the hole?
Old 05-20-2019, 10:23 AM
LCW

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by BMack37

Just having to call Sirius at the end of that trial is not worth it. I've never had a harder time to cancel a service than with Sirius. F'em.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:11 PM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok, very strange but somehow I NOW have a Sirius subscription! WTF?! I didn't do a thing. O well...I'll take it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sirius removal?