Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 02:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Service Experiences

2015 F150 Platinum 3.5 EB with 8600 miles.

Twice in the past three days I got the "Service AdvanceTrac" and "Hill Descent Control Fault" notifications on the dash. Both times, while driving, the truck cut power to the wheels and I had to coast to a stop, shut the truck off, and restart the truck to restore power. I've seen other threads on the site referencing issues with a faulty steering rack and pinion.

I dropped the truck off this morning and detailed out the issues for the service department. As of this afternoon, they said they have not found the cause of the issue and told me that I can leave the truck there for further testing or come pick it up and bring it back for another appointment. I explained to them that the truck is definitely not safe to drive this vehicle in its current state.

I've asked for a loaner vehicle, and explained that it does not have to be a truck, just anything to get me to and from work, but they are unwilling to assist in this situation. With the vehicle still under warranty, am I expecting too much from Ford to help me out with a vehicle?

Initially I was more upset that a $60k+ vehicle was having this major of an issue so early in its life - now I am more upset with the service I'm being provided by this dealership.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:49 PM

Received 281 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by thedango

Twice in the past three days I got the "Service AdvanceTrac" and "Hill Descent Control Fault" notifications on the dash. Both times, while driving, the truck cut power to the wheels and I had to coast to a stop, shut the truck off, and restart the truck to restore power. I've seen other threads on the site referencing issues with a faulty steering rack and pinion.

I dropped the truck off this morning and detailed out the issues for the service department. As of this afternoon, they said they have not found the cause of the issue and told me that I can leave the truck there for further testing or come pick it up and bring it back for another appointment. I explained to them that the truck is definitely not safe to drive this vehicle in its current state.

I've asked for a loaner vehicle, and explained that it does not have to be a truck, just anything to get me to and from work, but they are unwilling to assist in this situation. With the vehicle still under warranty, am I expecting too much from Ford to help me out with a vehicle?

Initially I was more upset that a $60k+ vehicle was having this major of an issue so early in its life - now I am more upset with the service I'm being provided by this dealership.
If you are dealing with just a service writer I would go above their heads to either the service director or the general manager of the dealership. Stress the "it's not safe" angle. Call Ford customer support to loge a complaint. Tell them you will fill out negative surveys. The Quicklane I go to is always so worried about the damn surveys it seems like they'd do just about anything for an excellent score.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:11 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Unless you bought an extended warranty with a loaner included, the regular warranty does not include a loaner vehicle.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ricktwuhk:
BCMIF150 (06-06-2016), Rexey (06-07-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 03:51 PM

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

You haven't said how many miles are on your vehicle, if it's brand new (as in 5,000 miles) then I'd say talk to the service manager or general manager if you're having it serviced at your selling dealer. The problem is that Ford's warranty does not include a loaner or rental vehicle. The dealership gets a VERY limited number of days of rental they can submit to Ford for reimbursement so they tend to only provide those in extreme situations. I'm quite certain you were offered a Ford ESP, or some other vehicle service contract, at the time you purchased your truck. One of the huge benefits is the rental provision. However, if this has only happened twice there is a very good chance they aren't going to find the problem so good luck with that.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:52 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

OP says 8,600...
The following users liked this post:
mbell (06-06-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by MagNitto
If you are dealing with just a service writer I would go above their heads to either the service director or the general manager of the dealership. Stress the "it's not safe" angle. Call Ford customer support to loge a complaint. Tell them you will fill out negative surveys. The Quicklane I go to is always so worried about the damn surveys it seems like they'd do just about anything for an excellent score.
I'm sure they are worried about the scores because customer's get angry over a problem with their vehicle and slam the service advisor, even if it had nothing to do with them. Most dealerships tie service advisor pay to CSI scores so a bad survey for a B.S. reason can cost them money. I strongly advise against threatening a bad survey and stress the safety concern instead.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
OP says 8,600...
You're right...I missed that!
Old 06-07-2016, 08:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick update:

I went the safety route with the truck and told them I did not feel safe getting back into the vehicle. I got a different service rep on the phone and he ended up providing me with a rental at their expense. Initially they weren't able to reproduce the issue so they weren't sure what to do...until this morning when it died on the tech driving it. They are going to look deeper into the issue today, so I'm in wait and see mode right now. Definitely a lot happier with the service department though, they stepped up in a big way I feel. Just hopeful they figure this issue out now.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:39 AM

Quick update:

I went the safety route with the truck and told them I did not feel safe getting back into the vehicle. I got a different service rep on the phone and he ended up providing me with a rental at their expense. Initially they weren't able to reproduce the issue so they weren't sure what to do...until this morning when it died on the tech driving it. They are going to look deeper into the issue today, so I'm in wait and see mode right now. Definitely a lot happier with the service department though, they stepped up in a big way I feel. Just hopeful they figure this issue out now.
Glad they took care of you, hopefully they'll figure this out and get you taken care of. IMHO it's always better to let them know your safety concerns rather than "getting in their face" or threatening a bad survey.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:29 PM

Received 281 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by mbell
I'm sure they are worried about the scores because customer's get angry over a problem with their vehicle and slam the service advisor, even if it had nothing to do with them. Most dealerships tie service advisor pay to CSI scores so a bad survey for a B.S. reason can cost them money. I strongly advise against threatening a bad survey and stress the safety concern instead.

You're kidding, right? I'm not advocating lying on the survey or putting "B.S." reasons on there. The survey is there for you to provide your feedback. Not being happy that you are essentially being blown off over a big issue with your BRAND NEW TRUCK sounds like the exact type of feedback corporate is looking for. Filling out a negative survey is actually the correct coarse here if you feel the service is lacking, which is seemed to be (glad the OP got a GOOD service rep on the phone).

Quick Reply: Service Experiences