Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw my first 2015

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 10:39 PM

Received 196 Likes on 154 Posts

Default Saw my first 2015

I stopped by our local dealer tonight to see if they had received any last minute 2014's (they didn't) and saw they got in a 2015. I was somewhat surprised, as they don't appear to be a very high volume dealer. I have to say, I wasn't 100 percent sold on the looks of the 2015 over the 2014, but I believe I'm convinced. This truck was a white 4wd XL, and it may be a fleet order. I guess it's pretty close to being a base model as you can get, but I was impressed. It looks closer to an FX4 than a base model work truck. I pulled on the door handle and the door came open, so I couldn't help but take a look at the interior. Pretty nice. It has a center console, but the gear selector is on the column. I thought that was a bit odd, but I like the column shifter, myself. Overall, I really liked it. I wanted to climb on in, but they were closed and I didn't think they'd appreciate it. I do have a couple of questions.

Sticker is right at $42k. If I could get the truck at "invoice", any idea how much that would be? I imagine I won't be buying for a year or two anyway, but I'm curious.

The truck is a 4wd crew cab with the 5.0. The gear ratio is 3.31. Anyone else think the truck needs lower gears? I feel like 3.73's would be ideal, and 3.55's would be a good compromise. Maybe I need to go by when they're open and drive it. In the outgoing model, 4wd super crews seemed to mostly get 3.55's, but I guess Ford maybe is hoping to increase their mpg numbers with the 3.31's. Maybe the alum body will somewhat offset the gear ratio difference....
Old 12-16-2014, 11:19 PM

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

if the sticker is 42k, you'll probably get it 40 tax in
Old 12-17-2014, 02:58 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

My local dealer has a 2015 platinum on their lot. Sticker is 63k. LMMFAO. No thank you.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The sticker on my soon to be XLT SCab was $43,300 and my invoice is $39,600. So figure about 9% less than MSRP. However, I asked my dealer to price out a Lariat SCab and invoice was only 7% less than MSRP.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently had the chance to droll over a Lariat. I will say it's a very nice truck. But the wife gets a new car before my 2011 gets traded. What I want is $60K, and I'm not prepared mentally to drop that on a PU. Or financially. $44K was bad enough. LOL Now show me a 500 HP engine with a 8-10 spd tranny and I'm have to reconsider.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:48 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

This title reminded me of a news video on youtube when iPhone 5 was released.
In the video, this guy was calling his friend(s) and telling them "I'm calling you on iPhone 5!!!".

Originally Posted by News in
Saw my first 2015

I stopped by our local dealer tonight to see if they had received any last minute 2014's (they didn't) and saw they got in a 2015. I was somewhat surprised, as they don't appear to be a very high volume dealer. I have to say, I wasn't 100 percent sold on the looks of the 2015 over the 2014, but I believe I'm convinced. This truck was a white 4wd XL, and it may be a fleet order. I guess it's pretty close to being a base model as you can get, but I was impressed. It looks closer to an FX4 than a base model work truck. I pulled on the door handle and the door came open, so I couldn't help but take a look at the interior. Pretty nice. It has a center console, but the gear selector is on the column. I thought that was a bit odd, but I like the column shifter, myself. Overall, I really liked it. I wanted to climb on in, but they were closed and I didn't think they'd appreciate it. I do have a couple of questions.

Sticker is right at $42k. If I could get the truck at "invoice", any idea how much that would be? I imagine I won't be buying for a year or two anyway, but I'm curious.

The truck is a 4wd crew cab with the 5.0. The gear ratio is 3.31. Anyone else think the truck needs lower gears? I feel like 3.73's would be ideal, and 3.55's would be a good compromise. Maybe I need to go by when they're open and drive it. In the outgoing model, 4wd super crews seemed to mostly get 3.55's, but I guess Ford maybe is hoping to increase their mpg numbers with the 3.31's. Maybe the alum body will somewhat offset the gear ratio difference....

Quick Reply: Saw my first 2015