Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rotation winding or rubbing noise when slowing down...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 09:58 AM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Rotation winding or rubbing noise when slowing down...

2017 EB 3.5L 10 speed transmission - I am having a noise in my truck that I am thinking about taking it into the dealer while I am still under warranty. I am hearing a noise when i slow down. It sounds like it comes from the rear center of the truck, but not certain on that. It doesn't sound like grinding brakes or anything. The best way I can describe it is a "rotational rubbing noise". I did a search on the forums, but couldn't find exactly my situation. It's not a screech or grinding really from the ICMs. I saw the video post on another thread.

Any ideas?
Old 04-09-2019, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar situation with my 2017 ecoboost. My was different in that I heard it from the front end but otherwise as you describe. It has been doing it for a few months on and off. When I brought it to dealer #1 I got the dreaded "could not duplicate". Thanks to this forum I had it fixed today. There is another thread about this (on here somewhere) that told me what to tell dealer #2. When I mentioned the noise along with saying I read about a vacuum line not working correctly the SA immediately said "oh ya there is a TSB about the IWE". It took all day but it seems the problem is now fixed.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:17 PM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawksfan
I had a similar situation with my 2017 ecoboost. My was different in that I heard it from the front end but otherwise as you describe. It has been doing it for a few months on and off. When I brought it to dealer #1 I got the dreaded "could not duplicate". Thanks to this forum I had it fixed today. There is another thread about this (on here somewhere) that told me what to tell dealer #2. When I mentioned the noise along with saying I read about a vacuum line not working correctly the SA immediately said "oh ya there is a TSB about the IWE". It took all day but it seems the problem is now fixed.
Could you possibly find that thread for me so I know what exactly to say to my dealer?
Old 04-10-2019, 03:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/faint...opping-408232/
The following users liked this post:
jharmon203 (04-10-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 04:08 PM

Received 637 Likes on 330 Posts

make sure your IWE check valve is the updated blue and white one. The black and white ones fail.
The following users liked this post:
jharmon203 (04-10-2019)

Quick Reply: Rotation winding or rubbing noise when slowing down...