Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride quality improvement options

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 12:27 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Ride quality improvement options

I know this topic seems to be beating a dead horse sometimes but I'm looking for some opinions here. I have a 17' 5.0 scab. I recently installed the Halo lifts coil over system and I'm not terribly thrilled with the ride. For starters one rear shock has already blown out and was replaced. There's more rear shock noise and the metal sleeve in the bushing is too big for the bolt and it rattles on the bolt. That I've yet to contact the company again (I'm not a big complainer but common guys). I've yet to be off road with this system and judging by how it rides on the road I don't wana know what it will be like off road. I'm wondering what I can expect ride improvement if I were to get aftermarket uca's to allow for a smoother more free flowing suspension. The kit seems like a high quality kit but I've been less than impressed so far and looking for options to get some ride quality back. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Ride quality improvement options-photo641.jpg   Ride quality improvement options-photo884.jpg   Ride quality improvement options-photo620.jpg  
Old 05-27-2019, 07:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well so, I just pulled the trigger on a set of Halo's all the way around for my '17 F150 4WD Screw this weekend. Could you please tell me exactly what about the Halos are you unhappy with? Where you hoping for a smoother on pavement ride and it actually got firmer? Just trying to see is I'm going to share your opinion on their performance.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:13 AM

Received 1,329 Likes on 797 Posts

Looking at your post and pics of your truck, it looks like everything you are doing is opposite of improving ride quality.

The 150 is a fairly light truck and is more noticeably affected by things like increased unsprung weight. Best ride will come from softer suspension, lighter tires, smaller wheels, etc. The only way you will get a good ride with off road shocks and heavy wheels is adjustable damping, otherwise the shocks won't be able to control the heavy wheels and tires on a dirt road. It can be done, but that would require a longer travel suspension with expesive dampers, AKA Raptor.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:02 AM

Received 3,928 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Are you running Load Range E tires?

Quick Reply: Ride quality improvement options