Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rhino Liner

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 06:20 PM
You can't see me

Received 530 Likes on 222 Posts
Default Rhino Liner

Hey guys, who all has got a Rhino Liner spray in bed liner on their trucks? My truck needs a liner BAD, my bed has never had any protection. Can get one locally for a good price. Do they hold up really well? Anyone had any issues with them?
Old 02-07-2020, 06:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had one in my last truck (2013 XLT 4x4) that was great. I would have put it in my new truck (2018) but the installer left town. Functionally the same as my line-x in my new truck (and cheaper).
Old 02-07-2020, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Bullet Liner as well if they are in your area. They will beat Line-X in price every time for essentially the same product.
Old 02-08-2020, 01:43 AM

Received 537 Likes on 397 Posts

Rhino Bed Liners don't hold up from what I've seen. Friend and father in law had them and they come apart. My father in laws chalked or turned white, plus started to fall apart where chunks started missing. Friends had the chipping where there were chunks missing everywhere. He said dealers heat the liner and take a tongue dispenser to spread it back out where the damage is. I would just skip Rhino Lining. Never heard anything but good about LineX. All spray in liners supposedly will start turning white but I believe LineX has an added option to keep it from happening.

I just had a Bedrug Bedliner installed and it's my 4th. I can't say enough good about them. When I traded the trucks that had them in, the Bedrug Bed Liners all looked as good as the day they were installed. I believe they protect from dents better than spray in liners also. Even though there is some nap, I just brush dirt and wood chips out easily. You can even hose it off. I love that the Bedrug protects my cargo with it's soft surface plus keeps things from sliding around like you would have with a spray in or drop in bed liner. Also the Bedrug is very easy on the knees unlike spray in bed liners.

Myself, it would either be a LineX or a Bedrug. I wouldn't even have the factory spray in, it can literally be peeled off the bed.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Last edited by Mike Up; 02-08-2020 at 01:45 AM.
Old 02-08-2020, 01:46 AM
Captain of Industry

Received 1,203 Likes on 809 Posts

I had Line-X with the UV additive in my 2011 and it still looked new when I sold it last month.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:27 AM

Received 506 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Taggart
I had Line-X with the UV additive in my 2011 and it still looked new when I sold it last month.
look at dualliner
The following users liked this post:
macbear (02-10-2020)
Old 02-10-2020, 12:14 AM

Received 537 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by dougg
look at dualliner
I bought and returned it because it was made like garbage. Rubber bed mat had huge hole from a gob of yellow garbage stuck in it, which nearly pierced all the way through the mat. Then mat wouldn't lay flat or fit in the hard plastic side piece groove. Then the side pieces were already scratching the paint on the truck.

It's essentially a modular drop in liner without a bottom, where a rubber mat fits in. Learned my lesson. Went back to Bedrug. I thought I'd try it as it looked interesting but had all the negatives of a drop in liner with none of the positives.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:02 AM

Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Look for an armadillo liner dealer in your area. I just got my sons truck done for $350
Old 02-10-2020, 06:25 AM

Received 261 Likes on 104 Posts

Some years ago I installed one myself with Herculiner. Seemed to hold up well for few years before trading it in. One gallon was enough for the gmc canyon, so probably two gallons for fullsize.

Though if you're too old to be on your knee's in a truck bed like me, then just ignore my entire post.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:41 AM

Received 496 Likes on 345 Posts

I've had two truck beds done with Rhino over the years. An '03 Silverado in deep green that the Rhino dealer color matched to perfection. This was the old formula that all were having problems with. I had a tonneau cover that kept it out of the weather to a good extent and may be why it kept up so well. It held up and looked great for 7 years and 145k miles I had the truck.
My current F150 I negotiated an aftermarket liner and got the Rhino Hybrid from a local dealer. The Hybrid formula is all they do at that shop. It looks, acts and performs as expected. I have no complaints on the product and the dealer was professional and thorough prepping and applying the product. Prep I think is key on any of these so a trip to their shop to see and ask questions helps.

Quick Reply: Rhino Liner