Replacing rear seatbelt on 2017 F150 SuperCrew - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back  Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2015 - Present Ford F150
Replacing rear seatbelt on 2017 F150 SuperCrew >

Replacing rear seatbelt on 2017 F150 SuperCrew

Topic Sponsor
2015 - Present Ford F150 General discussion on the latest generation Ford F150 truck.

Replacing rear seatbelt on 2017 F150 SuperCrew

Old 01-13-2019, 11:43 PM

Default Replacing rear seatbelt on 2017 F150 SuperCrew

I have a 2017 F150 XLT supercrew. My dogs ride in the cab and decided to treat the passenger side seat belt as a chew toy. I imagine having the dealership replace the seatbelt would cost several hundred dollars so Id like to try doing it myself if feasible. Is this a DIY job for someone comfortable with minors to the truck, such as the OEM tailgate soft release. Or is it a job best left to the dealership. I wasnt able to find any videos on how to do it. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:34 AM

Buy the parts, bolt it in. Make sure you torque the hardware to the values specified in the service manual. And you'll be playing with pretensioners, so disconnect the battery and let it sit a while.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:26 AM

Replacing the seat belt is pretty straight forward. I swapped from the standard rear seat belts to the inflatable ones in my truck. The standard seat belt unbolts with regular hex sockets, the inflatable ones used a Torx bit, so yours could go either way. Also, the rear belts are the traditional inertia reel design and do not have any pyrotechnic pretensioners.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:36 AM

Seat belts are usually warranteed for life given its a safety feature - have you checked with Ford?
Old 01-14-2019, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by dannofx4 View Post
Seat belts are usually warranteed for life given its a safety feature - have you checked with Ford?
I don't believe "dogs used seatbelt for chew toy" is covered under any warranty. Warranties address manufacturer defects, not intentional acts.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by tvsjr View Post
I don't believe "dogs used seatbelt for chew toy" is covered under any warranty. Warranties address manufacturer defects, not intentional acts.
Ya and I had one in my Infinity get ripped up from hauling a dresser - they replaced it no charge without warranty.
I would think any "reputable" dealer would do that for you.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:33 PM
ford dealer parts guy

Originally Posted by dannofx4 View Post
Ya and I had one in my Infinity get ripped up from hauling a dresser - they replaced it no charge without warranty.
I would think any "reputable" dealer would do that for you.
let me share some insight from the inside

dealer replaces damaged seat belt under warranty, ford warranty calls said seat belt back for analysis just by luck of the draw(which they do sometimes, they call back to see what failed and why). They open box and find that the belt was damaged. Ford charges dealer back for whole repair. Parts+labor, no questions, no way out, with a reason code of part damaged. Dealer then eats entire repair,

stuff like that is what drives up costs for everyone else

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replacing rear seatbelt on 2017 F150 SuperCrew

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: