Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing Fender Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 08:58 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Removing Fender Emblems

Has anyone on here removed the fender emblems on the 15's? I removed them before on my 11 but the 15 appears to have a clip into the body, along with double sided tape. Just curious if anyone has figured out the best way to remove them. I'm waiting to paint them so looking for help from my fellow friends.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:11 PM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mxer90
Has anyone on here removed the fender emblems on the 15's? I removed them before on my 11 but the 15 appears to have a clip into the body, along with double sided tape. Just curious if anyone has figured out the best way to remove them. I'm waiting to paint them so looking for help from my fellow friends.
I didn't remove mine and did plasti-dip. Looks good, but I would assume paint will look better. Could you post some pics once you figure it out so I can compare with plasti-dip?
Attached Thumbnails Removing Fender Emblems-emblem-after_red.jpg  
Old 06-16-2015, 12:19 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Removing Fender Emblems

Finally got the emblems off last night. I've got trim removal tools from AutoZone that I use, and I had to use them to pry out the emblem on each side where the clips are. You have to pull pretty damn hard to get them out honestly, not for the faint of heart lol.

Between the clips and the 10 lbs of double sided tape you won't ever have to worry about the emblems falling off on their own. I'll take some pictures tonight of the paint process

Quick Reply: Removing Fender Emblems