Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing Emblems & Dealer Stickers

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 03:04 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Removing Emblems & Dealer Stickers

I just purchased a 2017 F150 XLT. I would like to remove the F150 emblem from the tailgate and another emblem that is below it and a dealership sticker. Can anyone give some insight on this that has recently done it? Is it strictly adhesive that holds them on or will there be holes left over? What did you do to remove any excess adhesive? Am leary about doing this as the truck is only 4 days old, but I really like that clean look. I have watched some you tube videos on this but not sure I trust them. I know we have a lot of very knowledgeable folks on here that could maybe help me with this. Will a hair dryer or heat gun damage the paint?
Old 03-28-2017, 03:52 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I don't know about the tailgate F150 one, but I had to pull the dealership one off my tailgate and it was just 3M. Blow dryer, goo gone, and I tried floss since I didn't have any fishing line. I got enough of it up I pulled the rest with vice grips while pushing with an old credit card. Used the goo gone again to clean up the random bits of 3M and then washed everything really good and applied 2 coats of wax. I did it when it was a bit cold out, so the warmer everything is the easier it will be.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:01 AM
Okie Coupe

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

If the tailgate F-150 emblem is like the ones on the front fenders, there are holes in the fenders.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:43 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I have a '16, I removed the F150(4 individual letters) from the tailgate, it was just double sided tape. I also removed the FX4 stickers on the bed side.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i removed the tailgate emblem, ecoboost door badges and the bed stickers from my 16 the very night we bought it. no holes on any of them. only the fender badges have alignment holes. a heat gun is the best option and as long as you don't sit it on one spot for too long your paint will be fine. just keep the heat moving side to side and when not on the badge, make sure it's pointing down. just get them started with a finger nail and slowly starting pulling them off. it's really easy. after that, there will be some stuff left over from the badges, goo-gone is your friend. then wash the area good and apply wax. done.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:22 AM

Received 76 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Prokiller
i removed the tailgate emblem, ecoboost door badges and the bed stickers from my 16 the very night we bought it. no holes on any of them. only the fender badges have alignment holes. a heat gun is the best option and as long as you don't sit it on one spot for too long your paint will be fine. just keep the heat moving side to side and when not on the badge, make sure it's pointing down. just get them started with a finger nail and slowly starting pulling them off. it's really easy. after that, there will be some stuff left over from the badges, goo-gone is your friend. then wash the area good and apply wax. done.

^This, but you can also use some fishing line/floss to work behind the emblems to get them going. Also on the bedside, Sport/FX4/I have whatever weird option pack and want to show it off stickers, they peel right off no heat or anything required.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:37 AM

Thanks guys, here is pic of the stuff I wanna remove from the tailgate. May give it a shot the afternoon I just don't wanna mess my tailgate up
Attached Thumbnails Removing Emblems & Dealer Stickers-img_4219.jpg  
Old 03-28-2017, 09:42 AM

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TxFord150
Thanks guys, here is pic of the stuff I wanna remove from the tailgate. May give it a shot the afternoon I just don't wanna mess my tailgate up
That is awful!! I can't stand it as it is when you take your car in for service at some places and they put their own license plate frame on your car as a 'bonus'. This is even worse! Sooner those come off the better.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by catinthehat
That is awful!! I can't stand it as it is when you take your car in for service at some places and they put their own license plate frame on your car as a 'bonus'. This is even worse! Sooner those come off the better.
Yeah I know that's why I want it off, am not an advertising agency. Hopefully it will come with no issues.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:49 AM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Originally Posted by TxFord150
Yeah I know that's why I want it off, am not an advertising agency. Hopefully it will come with no issues.
There won't be any issues.

The advertising is one thing, looking like sh*t is another. That is just awful.

Quick Reply: Removing Emblems & Dealer Stickers