Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Relearn Procedure for 2018+ Ambient Air Temp Sensor (On Mirror)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 08:12 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Relearn Procedure for 2018+ Ambient Air Temp Sensor (On Mirror)?

I installed Lariat mirrors on my XL and everything is working beautifully except my snowflake icon on the Sync screen has a slash through it. My A/C works fine though. I read there is a reset procedure where you hold down the power button the A/C panel but I can't find where I saved the information. Anyone know the procedure?
Old 09-15-2020, 09:23 PM

Received 2,274 Likes on 1,491 Posts

From the WSM:

After replacing an Ambient Air Temperature (AAT) sensor, the sensor data must be reset by either driving the vehicle at speeds consistently about 20 MPH for at least 5 minutes to update the filtered data or perform the multiple button press reset procedure to update to the current raw value.
The multiple button reset for the Ambient Air Temperature (AAT) sensor is as follows:
  • On the HVAC panel controls, press the A/C and Recirc buttons simultaneously, then, release both.
  • Within 2 seconds press the A/C button again.
The following users liked this post:
rbird2 (09-20-2020)
Old 09-18-2020, 01:12 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 52merc
From the WSM:

After replacing an Ambient Air Temperature (AAT) sensor, the sensor data must be reset by either driving the vehicle at speeds consistently about 20 MPH for at least 5 minutes to update the filtered data or perform the multiple button press reset procedure to update to the current raw value.
The multiple button reset for the Ambient Air Temperature (AAT) sensor is as follows:
  • On the HVAC panel controls, press the A/C and Recirc buttons simultaneously, then, release both.
Thanks for that. Unfortunately it didn't work. I'll try transferring over my original sensor into the new mirrors. What's weird is when I first got the mirrors installed, the snowflake had a slash through it. Then a day or so later I noticed the slash was gone? Then it reappeared a few days later. The entire time, the a/c works fine and the ambient temperature reading is correct. Go figure!
Old 03-15-2021, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 52merc
From the WSM:

Thanks for the information it help me a lot , I save money and time . Thanks

Quick Reply: Relearn Procedure for 2018+ Ambient Air Temp Sensor (On Mirror)?