Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations for Camber/Caster Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 12:26 AM

Received 535 Likes on 393 Posts

Default Recommendations for Camber/Caster Kit

My 5100s are on the way and I am looking for recommendations for a high quality camber/caster kit. For the naysayers, the camber may very well be within specification after the installation; however, I would like the ability to adjust camber and caster during alignment.

A single adjustment plate seems to be the standard. The LCA frame is notched for a single already. SPC sells a HD kit for the Raptor and F150 off-roading. It allows adjustments on both sides, but requires drilling on the back side for the plate installation. Any benefits of the HD kit vice the single kit? Installation is more involved because it requires removal of the factory bolt and nuts.

Ford (extremely expensive) $250 for bolts, nuts and adjustment plate (Installed on all four LCA attachment points.
Moog - I have read of some issues with the washer plate bending. Installed on front side of LCA only. ($38)
SPC - Prevalent on the internet (Les Schwab, Tire Rack, Amazon, E-Bay, parts houses, etc.). I have not found any negative comments. Installed on front side of LCA only($35)

Last edited by GMC to Ford; 03-01-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:49 PM

Interesting, no one has installed a camber kit on 2015 + trucks or using the old strap method.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:51 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

The usual fix for the alignment specs being out of range on the lifted trucks is an aftermarket upper control arm. You should be able to lift the truck moderately and still have adequate adjustability to dial in the caster/camber to OEM settings.

I'm not sure why you're concerned about not being able to adjust caster/camber, you'll be able to adjust it. YOu just won't have as wide a range of adjustment (keeping it in spec)
Old 03-01-2017, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by smd3
The usual fix for the alignment specs being out of range on the lifted trucks is an aftermarket upper control arm. You should be able to lift the truck moderately and still have adequate adjustability to dial in the caster/camber to OEM settings.

I'm not sure why you're concerned about not being able to adjust caster/camber, you'll be able to adjust it. YOu just won't have as wide a range of adjustment (keeping it in spec)
Camber cannot be adjusted on my truck without straps, a lot of pulling and some hope that it holds position while tightening the nuts back down. The camber kit eliminates the need for straps and makes life much easier on the alignment technician. The lazy ones just state camber cannot be adjusted.

My question surrounds the benefits of a single camber kit installed in the front of the LCA only versus the full blown camber kit on all four points of the LCA. In addition, which kit is preferred from those who have some experience. Until I started researching for this truck, I had never heard of a camber kit for one side of the LCA. The ability to adjust camber more accurately helps in achieving a good alignment versus an "in specification" alignment.
The following users liked this post:
tomjv (03-02-2018)
Old 03-01-2017, 10:16 PM

Received 2,222 Likes on 1,698 Posts

I bought a moog kit from Rockauto for my 13, then the alignment guy said they were not needed. They sit in my glove box!
Old 03-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Tire shop that installed my Icon coilovers (2" lift) are very good. Also have two different sets of aftermarket wheels that I switch back and forth depending on my use. I have the alignment checked/aligned more than most people change their underwear.

I tried to tell them I'd like to use a camber kit to keep alignment perfect.

They told me I'd be wasting my money.
The following users liked this post:
GMC to Ford (03-01-2017)
Old 03-14-2019, 02:51 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by GMC to Ford
My 5100s are on the way and I am looking for recommendations for a high quality camber/caster kit. For the naysayers, the camber may very well be within specification after the installation; however, I would like the ability to adjust camber and caster during alignment.

A single adjustment plate seems to be the standard. The LCA frame is notched for a single already. SPC sells a HD kit for the Raptor and F150 off-roading. It allows adjustments on both sides, but requires drilling on the back side for the plate installation. Any benefits of the HD kit vice the single kit? Installation is more involved because it requires removal of the factory bolt and nuts.

Ford (extremely expensive) $250 for bolts, nuts and adjustment plate (Installed on all four LCA attachment points.
Moog - I have read of some issues with the washer plate bending. Installed on front side of LCA only. ($38)
SPC - Prevalent on the internet (Les Schwab, Tire Rack, Amazon, E-Bay, parts houses, etc.). I have not found any negative comments. Installed on front side of LCA only($35)
do you know the ford part # for the camber/caster adjustment kit for the 2015-2018 F150? Your help is greatly appreciated!
Old 12-05-2019, 02:37 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

iDrive this made me laugh. Thanks for the help!
Old 12-05-2019, 06:43 PM

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Originally Posted by alanis928

do you know the ford part # for the camber/caster adjustment kit for the 2015-2018 F150? Your help is greatly appreciated!
Here is the Ford kit. I would look around. There are aftermarket ones that vary greatly in quality and price.
Attached Thumbnails Recommendations for Camber/Caster Kit-castercamber.jpg  
Old 12-05-2019, 10:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GMC to Ford
Camber cannot be adjusted on my truck without straps, a lot of pulling and some hope that it holds position while tightening the nuts back down. The camber kit eliminates the need for straps and makes life much easier on the alignment technician. The lazy ones just state camber cannot be adjusted.

My question surrounds the benefits of a single camber kit installed in the front of the LCA only versus the full blown camber kit on all four points of the LCA. In addition, which kit is preferred from those who have some experience. Until I started researching for this truck, I had never heard of a camber kit for one side of the LCA. The ability to adjust camber more accurately helps in achieving a good alignment versus an "in specification" alignment.
The issue we have adjusting caster and camber is the fact that the OEM upper arm (unsure about aftermarket) rests on the coil spring when lifted to make the adjustments. the binding of the upper arm on the spring is the reason why the ratchet strap is used to help pull it.

Quick Reply: Recommendations for Camber/Caster Kit