Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear end hop

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 12:26 PM

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Rear end hop

I had never experienced the rear end hop that is talked about so frequently until this morning. I was driving through a curve and hit a bump that was caused by a trench in the road that had been filled and repaved but had settled a little bit. When both rear tires hit that it felt like the rear end bounced sideways about 2 inches. I think I know what caused mine and that is last week I was towing my travel trailer and I raised the tire pressure up, the dash says 47 PSI all the way around, I normally run 40 PSI on all four tires. I might add that I go around that curve frequently and I have never experienced that before so I am going to lower my tire pressure back to 40 PSI until the next time I tow. I don't know if this is the cause of a lot of the problems but maybe it will help someone. My tires are Toyo AT2's LT275/65 R18 6 ply rated. Normally I have a very smooth, quiet ride from these.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:48 PM

Received 268 Likes on 209 Posts

lower the air pressure, even 35psi is fine for driving unloaded, and think about changing the shocks out for some Bilsteins or Fox 2.0s.