Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RCI powder coated front skids

Old 10-31-2018, 09:59 AM

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RCI powder coated front skids

Couple of questions for those of you that have these if you don't mind. I've searched quite a bit, and haven't found these answers specifically.

First, did the powder coating hold up? I have an '18 4wd metallic sport, so I want to continue the darker theme and not use raw aluminum. This isn't going to see much off-roading anyway, so I'm really only asking about how it holds up during normal driving/pebbles/etc..

Secondly, I can't seem to find a decent picture of how these look from a normal viewing angle - basically a pic at chest height standing 10-20 feet in front of the truck. All I can find are pics from under the truck or very low to the ground. I've already removed my air dam, I just want to understand how much of this I'm going to see - am I going to be advertising RCI quite clearly, in other words. Does anyone have any pics like this you're willing to share?

Last edited by whoopidoo; 11-26-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:32 PM

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by whoopidoo
Couple of questions for those of you that have these if you don't mind. I've searched quite a bit, and haven't found these answers specifically.

First, did the powder coating hold up? I have an '18 4wd metallic sport, so I want to continue the darker theme and not use raw aluminum. This isn't going to see much off-roading anyway, so I'm really only asking about how it holds up during normal driving/pebbles/etc..

Secondly, I can't seem to find a decent picture of how these look from a normal viewing angle - basically a pic at chest height standing 10-20 feet in front of the truck. All I can find are pics from under the truck or very low to the ground. I've already removed my air dam, I just want to understanding how much of this I'm going to see - am I going to be advertising RCI quite clearly, in other words. Does anyone have any pics like this you're willing to share?
I have a set that I had powder coated locally. I've only driven the truck about 5000 over the year or so that they have been on, but so far not a single chip or scratch in them. I didn't recall ever noticing the skids while the truck was on the ground with me standing, so I just went out and checked. I have air dam removed and 35's with about 2" of lift in the front and you basically can't see the skids at all in the scenario you described.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:40 PM

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Harry Franklin
I have a set that I had powder coated locally. I've only driven the truck about 5000 over the year or so that they have been on, but so far not a single chip or scratch in them. I didn't recall ever noticing the skids while the truck was on the ground with me standing, so I just went out and checked. I have air dam removed and 35's with about 2" of lift in the front and you basically can't see the skids at all in the scenario you described.
That’s exactly what I needed, thanks a ton!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RCI powder coated front skids