Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raptor suspension on '15+?

Old 03-10-2017, 10:46 AM

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Raptor suspension on '15+?

So I've been searching and haven't really found a clear answer to this question. I have a buddy who did the SVC Podium package on his Raptor and has all his old suspension being offered to me. Will the '14 and older suspension bolt right up?

I'm thinking of using the OEM lowers with uni uppers and running aftermarket coilovers, but wanted to see if it would work. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-12-2017, 03:41 PM

Anyone have any info?
Old 03-12-2017, 03:52 PM

Received 500 Likes on 383 Posts

The only thing I know for sure is the way the coilover mounts is different Gen1 to Gen2.

If your friend has them off the truck it would be pretty easy to compare them.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by WarSurfer
The only thing I know for sure is the way the coilover mounts is different Gen1 to Gen2.

If your friend has them off the truck it would be pretty easy to compare them.
Yeah I have access to the parts next weekend so I can get measurements just wasn't sure if someone already knew the answer or not. That's good to know that the coilovers mount differently doesn't give me much hope for the rest haha
Old 03-13-2017, 03:13 PM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

You also need to take into consideration how the hardware and software work together as a complete system in the Raptor and not just the hardware pieces on your F150.

Totally different engineering.

There`s a good chance you might hate how you F150 feels if you`re able to install the Raptor suspension pieces.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:27 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Received 1,344 Likes on 976 Posts

I think you'd be able to bolt stuff up from '14 to '15+, '14 was when they initially redesigned the control arms and suspension in general. Check out the parts and maybe even test fit.

As far as software, I'm not aware of any ride control software in the Raptors, at least not before the latest redesign.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:30 PM

Received 500 Likes on 383 Posts

No ride control software on either Gen Raptor.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:47 PM

Yeah and software won't be a factor at all since it's just control arms and coilovers I'd be installing. I'm probably going to end up building a 9" rearend to the Raptor width to cover it.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:36 AM

Received 88 Likes on 66 Posts

Unlikely that it will work, but I hope to be proven wrong. I believe you would need a full suspension swap and fenders, since there is not enough horizontal clearance for 3" shocks and coilovers on a non-Raptor. I believe you might also need a longer rear axle, and a new front diff w/longer axles in order to space the suspension parts far enough to the corners for it all to fit. There is a reason the Raptor is 6 inches wider, and it's not just cosmetic.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by mlpjunior
Unlikely that it will work, but I hope to be proven wrong. I believe you would need a full suspension swap and fenders, since there is not enough horizontal clearance for 3" shocks and coilovers on a non-Raptor. I believe you might also need a longer rear axle, and a new front diff w/longer axles in order to space the suspension parts far enough to the corners for it all to fit. There is a reason the Raptor is 6 inches wider, and it's not just cosmetic.
Yeah that's the plan was to run Raptor upper and lower arms; the F150 knuckles bolt up to them, run extended Rapror CV's with extended tie rods. That basically takes care of the front minus fiberglass fenders. The rear is optional to either run a Raptor rear end or have the stock one widened. On the '14 and older it was all bolt on just was never sure if that all worked on the '15+. Worst case scenario is I'll just have to wait it out until the '17 guys start selling their take off parts or order a Baja Kits setup.

Search this Thread