Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raptor SCREW Steps on XLT SCAB?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 04:32 PM
Using it like a truck

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Raptor SCREW Steps on XLT SCAB?

I have searched all over to see if anyone has put this combination together yet, but have found no completed projects. I have a 2015 SCAB and it's nearly impossible to find SCAB Raptor take-off steps out there. However, you can find SCREW Raptor steps everywhere. I've been looking at different ways I could rig up the longer SCREW steps using my SCAB mounts. The SCREW steps use two mounting brackets that are about 62 inches apart, center to center. The SCAB step brackets are about 51 inches apart. I've been looking at ways to leave the brackets where they are on the truck and creating mounting schemes for the step, but it's all based on pictures online as I haven't pulled the trigger on buying the Raptor steps.

The attached model shows square stock (in blue) that would span the existing SCAB bracket and attach to the Raptor running board rear mounting points. I'd prefer to not have to run screws through the top of the running board, so I'll continue working it out.

Has anyone successfully mounted Raptor SCREW boards on a SCAB? If so, please come out from hiding and share some pictures of your success! That would help me a ton. ((Or if someone has reasonably priced Raptor SCAB boards that'd help too! ))

Thanks!

Old 02-21-2021, 04:15 PM

Received 215 Likes on 165 Posts

The picture you have might work so long the running board is supported along the entire length of the running boards and everything is well fastened so the board doesn't want to flop around.

I realize that bolts visibly going through the top of the boards might be unsightly, but it's actually not too bad and no one really notices it unless they look close and know that it's not meant to be that way. I put raptor boards on my screw, and opted to add the third center mount by running the bolts right through the top of the board. They're countersunk, so they sit flush and don't catch on anything.

Old 02-21-2021, 06:33 PM
Using it like a truck

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Indy, thanks for the reply and the idea. I have a feeling I'll be running counter sunk bolts too. I'll possibly just extend the square tube stretchers to the next area without the perforations on the boards and run the screws through there. I appreciate the pics!

I wonder if I can dab some bedliner on the screw heads to camouflage them in with the rest.

Anyone out there put SCREW boards on a SCAB?

Quick Reply: Raptor SCREW Steps on XLT SCAB?