Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rancho quickLIFT Loaded / 9000XL - Installed on 2016 Screw 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 06:24 PM

Received 557 Likes on 402 Posts
Default Rancho quickLIFT Loaded / 9000XL - Installed on 2016 Screw 4x4

I had the new Rancho quickLIFTS’s and 9000XL rear shocks installed yesterday on my 2016 4x4 Screw and thought I’d share some pics and initial thoughts. To start, I was a little surprised as the front raised a full 2.5” (the rear height stayed the same). For some reason I was expecting it to only raise 2”. That said I know the springs are supposed to settle a ½” or thereabouts. I’m hoping that’s the case as right now, I’m actually ½ inch higher in the front and not really interested in putting in blocks. I’d be fine being dead level as I don’t tow too often but day-to-day driving don’t want to be higher in the front.

Performance wise, I couldn’t be happier (the little I’ve tested so far) – I set all 4 shocks to 3 (out of 9 adjustments, 1 being the softest, 9 being the most firm) and the ride is noticeably smoother than my previous FX4 shocks. At the same time, the truck seemed to stay more planted and didn’t exhibit significant body roll in the turns. So far I’m very pleased w/ that aspect.

I think the truck would look great w/ a taller tire – I just didn’t want to veer from the stock size but may revisit next time I need tires. In person, I think the truck looks great but the pics make the current stock tires seem too small now. Would be interested to know other’s thoughts?

So far overall, I’m pleased. I just hope the springs settle enough so that I’m completely level. I’ll report more as I get more miles on them.

This seems to get asked a lot, so here are some specs for anyone interested in this setup:

Tire size: Stock 275/65R18
Front Driver: RS-RS999945
Front Passenger: RS-999946
Rears: RS-RS999384
Purchased From: http://www.stage3motorsports.com/

Before

Before

After

After

Front Before

Front After (measured in the same spot/location)

I like that the red boots match the FX4 decal
The following 4 users liked this post by MNSportsman:
Cutarm (06-04-2016), Gator9329 (08-22-2018), Mikemeek (07-07-2016), Rambo007 (11-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2016, 10:12 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I ordered my kit as well, I would say the tires do look a little small however I feel it is all personal preference. I prefer the fuller tire look so I am thinking the 295/70R/18 when I do mine. Truck looks great though, the After pics absolutely make it worth it.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:37 PM

[QUOTE=Three B;4691790]I ordered my kit as well, I would say the tires do look a little small however I feel it is all personal preference. I prefer the fuller tire look so I am thinking the 295/70R/18 when I do mine. Truck looks great though, the After pics absolutely make it worth it.[/QUOTE9]

Thanks - Next time I'm due for new tires I'm going to revisit going with a larger size. I've just been so happy with my current performance & mpg - I need to decide if a potential hit to both would be a fair tradeoff.

Anyway, I think you will be very happy with the kit. Would love to see pics once you get it installed.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How long did the install take and did you do it?
Old 04-17-2016, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by satellitemike
How long did the install take and did you do it?
I had a local shop that I trust close to my house do the install. I dropped it off @ 8am and had it back in less than a couple hours. From what I understand it's not that bad if your inclined to DIY.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:45 PM

Received 535 Likes on 393 Posts

I am thinking about going this route also. I have a 3" rake on my truck with the FX4 standard bed. I would be interested to know how it settles out as I am not inclined to raise my front over 2". Also, waiting a few days for it to settle and do an alignment can really chew up tires if the alignment is considerably off. My other option is Bilstein 5100s at 1 1/2" setting but they costs a good deal more in labor.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:08 AM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Must say the truck looks great. IMO .5" of settling will be max. I'll be surprised if it gets more than that. Certainly interested in your update(s).

Regarding alignment. At the very least get it checked. I'd be will to bet the front end is out and if you let it go too long you'll be buying tires sooner than you expected. You'll also notice a dramatic improvement in the handling.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by idrive
Must say the truck looks great. IMO .5" of settling will be max. I'll be surprised if it gets more than that. Certainly interested in your update(s).

Regarding alignment. At the very least get it checked. I'd be will to bet the front end is out and if you let it go too long you'll be buying tires sooner than you expected. You'll also notice a dramatic improvement in the handling.
Thanks. I’m absolutely going to have it aligned – The shop just wanted me to wait a week or 2 for the springs to settle so that they didn’t have to do it twice. As of now, just looking at the tires there not significantly towed in. I plan on either having them do it this weekend or next. And agree, I don’t think I’ll get more than 1/2” of spring settle. I don't know the weight differences between the engines but wondering if my 2.7 would settle less than the 5.0?

Driving into work this morning further validated how smooth the ride is…Definitely impressed w/ the performance so far!
Old 04-18-2016, 08:29 AM
GDreject

Received 240 Likes on 182 Posts

Looks great, and yes a larger tire would look better now.

Pretty sure that red boot goes on the bottom of the shock btw.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:20 AM
nad

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by last5oh_302
Looks great, and yes a larger tire would look better now.

Pretty sure that red boot goes on the bottom of the shock btw.
Red boot goes up on 9000xl's, the adjuster **** is on the bottom.

OP you can't tell, but you will be significantly toed in, wait until you see the alignment sheet.

I had these on my last truck, while I wasn't a fan of the fronts I did really like the rears.

Quick Reply: Rancho quickLIFT Loaded / 9000XL - Installed on 2016 Screw 4x4