Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ram to F-150. Trim Help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 04:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ram to F-150. Trim Help.

Good afternoon all. Been a lurker for awhile, glad to finally join.
I'm joining the light side (or dark side?) this fall and moving from my Ram 1500 to an F-150. (holding for applause) My dad bought one two years ago and has convinced me to jump ship.
I am having a little difficulty deciding between trim levels. Loaded Lariat vs King Ranch vs Platinum.
Is there a difference between a loaded Lariat and the second two? I'm not a huge fan of the aluminum badge on the tailgate, but I could live with it. I like the Platinum's seats better than the King Ranch from online pictures and would want adaptive cruise control. It seems like after loading down the Lariat there's not a big difference price-wise.
Thoughts? Am I missing anything?
Thanks in advance, been a fun forum to lurk.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:21 PM

Received 716 Likes on 425 Posts

You can load up a Lariat to very near a Platinum price.

Think of the Platinum as a nearly fully loaded Lariat with a unique interior.
The King Ranch sits between Platinum and Lariat....again, with a unique interior, but not quite as many standard included options as the Platinum.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:32 PM

Received 330 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by obivolkenobi
Good afternoon all. Been a lurker for awhile, glad to finally join.
I'm joining the light side (or dark side?) this fall and moving from my Ram 1500 to an F-150. (holding for applause) My dad bought one two years ago and has convinced me to jump ship.
I am having a little difficulty deciding between trim levels. Loaded Lariat vs King Ranch vs Platinum.
Is there a difference between a loaded Lariat and the second two? I'm not a huge fan of the aluminum badge on the tailgate, but I could live with it. I like the Platinum's seats better than the King Ranch from online pictures and would want adaptive cruise control. It seems like after loading down the Lariat there's not a big difference price-wise.
Thoughts? Am I missing anything?
Thanks in advance, been a fun forum to lurk.
Was in your same boat just a week or so ago, decided on the Platinum based on the seats alone.. Feel that they are a softer leather, and the multi-contour (massaging)... Wife likes the seats as well...
Old 04-10-2018, 05:54 PM
Large Member

Received 709 Likes on 458 Posts

lariat doesnt have the massage seats, platinum and king ranch do.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:18 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I thought the actual comfort of the seat itself was better on the Platinum vs. the Lariat and I drove them back to back a few times.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:13 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,503 Posts

But there are things you can get in Lariat that you can't get in Platinum... like the Sport package and the Special Edition package. I'd love to go Platinum - if I could get the solid black/smoked look of the Lariat SE.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leaning King Ranch versus Platinum at this point. By the time I load in everything I want to the Lariat it’s just a few thousand more to get the nicer interior of one of the other trims. Plus I can find those on a lot and not have to special order them like I would a fully loaded Lariat (I’m guessing this will help be cut a better deal?) a few more questions for you F 150 sages.

1. Any difference in the leather quality between the KR and Platinum as far as durability? There will be a dog in the back occasionally.
2. Do folks find better deals with one over the other? I’m swinging wildly between the two at the moment. The local lots have gorgeous versions of each.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Ram to F-150. Trim Help.