Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Level - Prompt Volume

Old 01-26-2018, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Radio Level - Prompt Volume

In our 2015 Lariat, if you were listening to the radio and a navigational prompt came on, the volume of the radio was lowered automatically and restored when the navigation prompt was done. The volume of the radio was not muted, just lowered to make the navigation prompt easier to follow. This does NOT happen in our 2018 Lariat. The radio volume does not change when the navigation prompt comes through. I know how to adjust the volume of the navigation prompt but this is now the problem. I want to know if the radio volume should decrease and is there any type of setting for this I have missed. Thanks in advance for your help. A very happy 2018 Lariat owner!!!
Old 01-30-2018, 12:59 PM

Anyone else experience this?
Old 01-30-2018, 01:30 PM

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Yep. I think if you raise the volume of the nav voice it won't happen. Wait till she starts talking and quickly turn up the volume.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:36 PM

Default Radio Default Volume?

Originally Posted by budgreen
Yep. I think if you raise the volume of the nav voice it won't happen. Wait till she starts talking and quickly turn up the volume.
I have the problem that when I use Waze with Android Auto after the voice prompt tells me where to turn the radio volume defaults back to 8 and I can't get it to default any higher. How do you set the radio default volume?
Old 07-08-2020, 07:17 PM

Received 142 Likes on 101 Posts

Every Ford that I've had whether factory NAV or cellphone Google NAV the radio mutes when NAV is speaking and goes back to the same volume when NAV quits speaking.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Radio Level - Prompt Volume