Question for Platinum Owners - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
2015 - Present Ford F150 General discussion on the latest generation Ford F150 truck.

Question for Platinum Owners

Old 08-12-2018, 08:35 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 19
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Question for Platinum Owners

Does the F-150 platinum have a remote window down, and remote fold/unfold mirror option? I've test driven the lariat w/502A package but I believe to get an exact replacement features of my current vehicle I will have to step up to a platinum.

My current vehicle 17 Sierra however does NOT have BSM (not available on GM pickups until 2019), heated rear seats (ehhh) nor rear a/c vents. It does have everything else; heated/cooled seats/ heated steering wheel etc. Just curious about the 2 features I referenced above. Although I have those features on my truck, it's not listed anywhere. I had to find them in the vehicle menu and turn them on. I only knew about them because I previously sold GM vehicles (chevy/Caddy). Maybe the Platinum has these hidden features that need to be turned on in a menu.Can anyone shed some light?
gtbigup is offline  
Old 08-12-2018, 08:49 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
acdii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,965
Thanked 1,265 Times in 1,020 Posts
Default

None of them "come" with it, but a quick mod using Forescan, and you lincolnize the truck. Then you get powerfold mirrors, and global up/down for the front windows. This can be done on all trims that have power mirrors and windows. You can also program tilt down in reverse.
acdii is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to acdii For This Useful Post:
gtbigup (08-12-2018)
Old 08-12-2018, 09:27 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 1,613
Thanked 253 Times in 198 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gtbigup View Post
Does the F-150 platinum have a remote window down, and remote fold/unfold mirror option? I've test driven the lariat w/502A package but I believe to get an exact replacement features of my current vehicle I will have to step up to a platinum.

My current vehicle 17 Sierra however does NOT have BSM (not available on GM pickups until 2019), heated rear seats (ehhh) nor rear a/c vents. It does have everything else; heated/cooled seats/ heated steering wheel etc. Just curious about the 2 features I referenced above. Although I have those features on my truck, it's not listed anywhere. I had to find them in the vehicle menu and turn them on. I only knew about them because I previously sold GM vehicles (chevy/Caddy). Maybe the Platinum has these hidden features that need to be turned on in a menu.Can anyone shed some light?
You missed a few features that have been available on the Platinum, since 2015, that your '17 Sierra (or ANY trim level GMC/Chevy) DOESN'T HAVE:
1) Keyless ignition
2) Adaptive cruise control
3) 360 degree camera view
4) Massaging front seats
5) Trailer backup assist
6) Console shifter
7) 4V, DOHC engines
8) Aluminum body
Takeda is offline  
Old 08-12-2018, 09:51 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 19
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Takeda View Post
You missed a few features that have been available on the Platinum, since 2015, that your '17 Sierra (or ANY trim level GMC/Chevy) DOESN'T HAVE:
1) Keyless ignition
2) Adaptive cruise control
3) 360 degree camera view
4) Massaging front seats
5) Trailer backup assist
6) Console shifter
7) 4V, DOHC engines
8) Aluminum body
It wasn't my goal to list features of the Platinum, just inquire about the feature i mentioned. Thanks for your input anyway, my question was answered above.
gtbigup is offline  
Old 08-12-2018, 09:56 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 1,613
Thanked 253 Times in 198 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gtbigup View Post
It wasn't my goal to list features of the Platinum, just inquire about the feature i mentioned. Thanks for your input anyway, my question was answered above.
I was correcting your statement: It does have everything else; heated/cooled seats/ heated steering wheel etc. Just curious about the 2 features I referenced above. As you can see from my list, the F-150 has A LOT of features your '17 Siera doesn't have!
Takeda is offline  
Old 08-14-2018, 02:11 PM
  #6  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 19
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Takeda View Post
I was correcting your statement: It does have everything else; heated/cooled seats/ heated steering wheel etc. Just curious about the 2 features I referenced above. As you can see from my list, the F-150 has A LOT of features your '17 Siera doesn't have!
Get off your high horses bro. I didnt list all features my truck has either. I didnt memtion fwd collision, lane departure, lane keep assist, nor did I mention vibrating seats; all of which my SLT w/SLT Premium plus package comes with. Seeing that you seem to know my specific truck intimately go ahead and tell me more about my truck.
gtbigup is offline  
Old 08-14-2018, 09:28 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 1,613
Thanked 253 Times in 198 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gtbigup View Post
Get off your high horses bro. I didnt list all features my truck has either. I didnt memtion fwd collision, lane departure, lane keep assist, nor did I mention vibrating seats; all of which my SLT w/SLT Premium plus package comes with. Seeing that you seem to know my specific truck intimately go ahead and tell me more about my truck.
My current vehicle 17 Sierra however does NOT have BSM (not available on GM pickups until 2019), heated rear seats (ehhh) nor rear a/c vents. It does have everything else; heated/cooled seats/ heated steering wheel etc.

I was comparing the F-150 Platinum, to your current vehicle, a '17 Sierra, just like you did in your first post!
Takeda is offline  
Old 08-14-2018, 11:57 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
MarkY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,489
Thanked 232 Times in 159 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gtbigup View Post
Get off your high horses bro. I didnt list all features my truck has either. I didnt memtion fwd collision, lane departure, lane keep assist, nor did I mention vibrating seats; all of which my SLT w/SLT Premium plus package comes with. Seeing that you seem to know my specific truck intimately go ahead and tell me more about my truck.
Take a chill pill dude and relax. You started the comparison.
MarkY is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkY For This Useful Post:
Takeda (08-15-2018)


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question for Platinum Owners


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: