Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for BedRug owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 03:18 PM
Roast. Grind. Brew. Enjoy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Question for BedRug owners

Hey, I am considering my options for bed liners. I've never had or seen a BedRug in person but owners seem to love them, and I'm thinking it's a good option since I am going to be getting a Leer cap. I like the impact resistance, softness on the knees, and anti-skid qualities. I'm leaning towards getting the XLT Bed Mat rather than the full BedRug, and I might get Line-X done sometime down the road so I would have the benefit of both. Anyways, to the question, for those who have the full BedRug, is it possible to remove the bottom mat piece only, for cleaning? Is it easy or a PIA? Thanks.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:21 PM

Received 442 Likes on 329 Posts

The bottom and sides zip together so I guess you could unzip it but have never tried. If you watch their videos they clean it out with a pressure washer, don't have to unzip to do that.
The following users liked this post:
Mmm Coffee (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 03:23 PM

Received 120 Likes on 98 Posts

Just an FYI, I have had two Leer caps crack now. The current one is only two years old. I had it lifted off my 15 to have it paint matched and to my surprise, there are cracks near the hinge mounts. The previous one cracked near the brake light ran up the top about six inches.
Mmm Coffee (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 04:14 PM
Roast. Grind. Brew. Enjoy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by toledoUPSguy
The bottom and sides zip together so I guess you could unzip it but have never tried. If you watch their videos they clean it out with a pressure washer, don't have to unzip to do that.
Okay thanks, that's what it looked like. I just wonder if trying to unzip the thing while installed is more trouble than it's worth. I'm thinking that with a cap installed, pressure washing without removing the BedRug probably wouldn't work.

Originally Posted by Rontbeamer
Just an FYI, I have had two Leer caps crack now. The current one is only two years old. I had it lifted off my 15 to have it paint matched and to my surprise, there are cracks near the hinge mounts. The previous one cracked near the brake light ran up the top about six inches.
Yeah, that sucks. I get the sense from reading lots of threads that none of the cap manufacturers are that great, which is freaking lame because they are all expensive. I would be very interested in a SnugTop because it seems that they might be a bit better over all, but I don't have a local dealer. In fact, in my rural community I only have Leer or Century dealers, and the Leer place is only 5 mins from my house.
Rontbeamer (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 04:20 PM

Received 442 Likes on 329 Posts

I think part of your concern may stem from misunderstanding. It is not carpet even though it is nice and soft. It is recycled plastic so things really don't stick to it.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Have had 3 BedRugs---love them

Ive had shells on all my 3-F150s and successfully cleaned the Bedrugs IN the truck, WITH the shell on, with but only a minor inconvenience.
Pretreat the most heavily stained/soiled areas first with 409 or similar degreaser.....give it time to work.You may have to do a little scrubbing.
Go to the $1.50---2.00 pressure washer car wash and blast the mat off (soap cycle) from deep (get inside) the bed working to the rear tailgate.
Rinse from inside to out
Park on a slope to let drain with tailgate down and shell vent windows open hopefully in a sunny area. Takes about 2 days to fully dry...my experience.
OR........unzip the floormat portion, (can be a pain in the a__, especially putting it back on) leave in truck and drive to DIY car wash and pull it out when you get there.
I once pulled out the whole assembly with sidewalls attached, the only problem was some of the adhesive velcro strips, attached to body) came off and didnt want to stick back on. Best to have a couple dozen extra new ones available before you go that route.
Bedrugs...so nice on the knees...

Last edited by flyguy5219; 11-16-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Mmm Coffee (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 04:59 PM

Received 334 Likes on 227 Posts

I don't have a camper shell but do have a bed cover and bedbug.
It works great and since its padded you can crawl to the front of the bed without dislodging your knee caps.
I just vacuum mine out on occasion with a shop vac.
Very easy to keep clean and looking good.
And with a shop vac you can even use water for tough stains and then suck it up.

I keep a large tarp in the bed so if I'm hauling dirt or plants or other really dirty things I lay that out and keep all the junk off the carpet.
I dont haul lots in the bed that would cause the bed to be dirty. I have a trailer for that stuff.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:07 PM

Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts

Don't bother with the line-x. The bedrug is all you really need -- if you're loading up rock or mulch or compost, just throw a big tarp over it for easier cleanup.

+1 on the knees.... man oh man.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:35 PM

Received 121 Likes on 90 Posts

I have a bedrug (full) with the bakx2 (rolling open cover) - I had line-x in my last truck.

I am REALLY pleased with the Bed rug - I'll never again have a truck w/out one. I have hauled gravel, big rocks, pallets, etc.

It's great.

Highly recommend.

Also - bought mine through Truck Alterations - which had a great price and fantastic delivery service/timing. I also recommend them
Old 11-16-2017, 06:17 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I just bought a bedrug for my new 17 KR. My main reason for it was to help seal out dust from entering around the bakmx4. Once I got it home I threw my rubber may on top of it.