Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price quote of a new 2016 F150 with the Phase 2 Roush S/C is this price good?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Price quote of a new 2016 F150 with the Phase 2 Roush S/C is this price good?

Alright so I built an F150 with a supercharger etc etc and wanted to know the out the door price with everything said and done.

Its an XL base model, main options are

5.0 V8
3.55 posi rear.
Sport appearance package
Carpet flooring

the total MSRP on Ford's website was $32,670 bone stock.

I told them to just give me a price with the phase 2 650hp Roush supercharger package. price on Roush's site for the blower setup is $7,250

so total price added with just those 2 prices is $39,920

I know that I'd have to pay for the install of the Supercharger and tune etc etc.

I got an email from the local Ford dealer who deals with Roush products and the final cost they gave me was $45,605.

Do you think this price is reasonable? I figured It'd be a bit cheaper by a 3-4 thousand especially for a 2016 model. I'm sure if I go down I can negotiate price a bit more but I wanted to hear your thoughts!
Old 09-08-2016, 11:05 AM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

Seems near 10k high to me. You should be able to get the truck itself for 25 all day, less if you work dealer hard.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:20 AM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Looking at those numbers, I dont see where anyone (you or dealer) has taken the Ford rebates or dealer discount into consideration... If youre looking for a base XL reg cab (I assume), you should be able to get it with the 5.0 for mid/upper 20s. I bought a 16 XL Reg Cab with the v6, sport, and carpet for 22,900 out the door last week. Having the 3.55 and 5.0 shouldnt add 12k in cost...
Old 09-08-2016, 11:22 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

That seems really steep. Most people are at the 10K for the supercharger, and as scrappy mentioned 32K for that truck is kind of rediculous.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:22 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

My super crew XLT 5.0 with the 302A was $35000 last year (a 15 of course) and I could add the Roush charger and still be under $45k. I'd say it does not sound like a good deal at all
Old 09-08-2016, 11:27 AM

thats kinnd of what I thought as well. but here's the build sheet prices.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:33 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Thats only incentives, you can deal another few grand off that 29K price still, especially for a 2016 which at this point is a leftover with the '17 coming on the lot.

You basically want to buy that truck at invoice, then take your incentives off of it, not at MSRP - incentives.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by bleda2002
Thats only incentives, you can deal another few grand off that 29K price still, especially for a 2016 which at this point is a leftover with the '17 coming on the lot.

You basically want to buy that truck at invoice, then take your incentives off of it, not at MSRP - incentives.
I can deal pretty well on a used car and get the deal I want but I've never dealt with haggling on a new vehicle price before.

So if I were to go down there what should I tell them? I'd like to try and get the truck for invoice price then incentives off that, but how should Igo about asking them to do that? I'mm prefectly okay with walking out if they're a bit stubborn which I'm sure they will be.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:55 AM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by SVTdude
I'd like to try and get the truck for invoice price then incentives off that, but how should Igo about asking them to do that? I'mm prefectly okay with walking out if they're a bit stubborn which I'm sure they will be.

Have you been in person yet? Or only talking with someone in the shop about the super charger? I would go in unannounced and act as if youre looking for a stock turck... Find what you want and say... "Im willing to pay invoice, minus rebates/incentives..." Once you agree on the truck price, then tell them you want to add the super charger. That way you arent trying to negotiate the price of a truck + the price of a supercharger at the same time...

but thats just me. you can do whatever you want, and im sure there are others who would approach it differently.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:24 PM

Received 223 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by BMartisek
Have you been in person yet? Or only talking with someone in the shop about the super charger? I would go in unannounced and act as if youre looking for a stock turck... Find what you want and say... "Im willing to pay invoice, minus rebates/incentives..." Once you agree on the truck price, then tell them you want to add the super charger. That way you arent trying to negotiate the price of a truck + the price of a supercharger at the same time... but thats just me. you can do whatever you want, and im sure there are others who would approach it differently.
I second this. I would treat them as completely separate negotiations. Once you try to do both at the same time it gives the dealer an opportunity to sneak in hidden costs that are harder to identify. I wouldn't negotiate the super charger until you have a final price on the truck.
The following users liked this post:
BMartisek (09-08-2016)

Quick Reply: Price quote of a new 2016 F150 with the Phase 2 Roush S/C is this price good?