Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PE Switchblade or Patriot Stealth LT Tonneau

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 01:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default PE Switchblade or Patriot Stealth LT Tonneau

I know that I want one of the two, either patriot or switchblade. On paper they are the same tonneau except the patriot is more $$$ and it locks in place every 12" when closing. However I cannot find patriot website online. Does Pace Edwards make patriot since they are so similar? And if it's made in the USA, where is their website?

Also does anyone have experience with either tonneau? I like that I can take them both out easily, and that there's no latches or lock on top. I load my Doberman, and motorcycles in my bed so this is the only tonneau that works for me, and simple enough for me operate with a baby in my arms.

Just looking for reviews on both covers please, and whether the patriot is worth the extra money for the locking intervals vs. not having found a Patriot company online.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:50 PM

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

look at the depth of the canisters where the top rolls into, many are 12+", narrowest I've seen was 8". take that from your bed length, being 5'-5" is the most common length, that's taking a lot of depth away, will your bike still fit? that's why I went w/ a revolver X2 so it doesn't take any bed space away when rolled up.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:58 PM

Both the stealth and switchblade remove completly in like 10 min. I can deal with that to occasionally load my truck bed with bikes. Otherwise the cover will stay on. Plus the retractables are easy to operate with one hand.

I considered the revolver x2 as my third option, but it's still in the way rolled up when placing the front wheel of a motorcycle. And asking my wife to roll that up and buckle it would have her pissed off.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:06 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

No idea on the Stealth as never used one or even seen it but here is a review of the Switchblade I installed on my truck about two years ago and still rocking it to this day and works awesome.

https://www.f150forum.com/f7/pace-ed...review-240682/

Last edited by Franchi Motorsports; 09-02-2015 at 02:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Hobbs62 (09-02-2015)
Old 09-02-2015, 06:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Switchblade

I liked how my Switchblade functioned and PE's customer support. It just leaked more than I would've preferred.

I ordered a Bakflip VP for my 15...should be here tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:53 PM

I went ahead and bought a switchblade. Found that patriot is made by the company truck xl that sells other tonneaus. But the switchblade was 200 cheaper plus I got another $50 off due to a sale on one of their many different websites. Hate that the only tonneau that works for me is one I have to remove but hey, it's better than nothing.
Old 09-27-2021, 12:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot Stealth LT

Originally Posted by Hobbs62
I know that I want one of the two, either patriot or switchblade. On paper they are the same tonneau except the patriot is more $$$ and it locks in place every 12" when closing. However I cannot find patriot website online. Does Pace Edwards make patriot since they are so similar? And if it's made in the USA, where is their website?

Also does anyone have experience with either tonneau? I like that I can take them both out easily, and that there's no latches or lock on top. I load my Doberman, and motorcycles in my bed so this is the only tonneau that works for me, and simple enough for me operate with a baby in my arms.

Just looking for reviews on both covers please, and whether the patriot is worth the extra money for the locking intervals vs. not having found a Patriot company online.

I goty Patriot cover yesterday and installed it today. And I have to say that I do like it a lot. But if you.have a drop in bed liner or ANYTHING else that will keep the canister from going all the way up to the very back of your truck bed, you have to cut it out or your covers rails will not let you close the tailgate. I would guess that is the case with any of these kinds of covers.
alsopatriot covers must be made/owned by LEER because that is the only name I could find anywhere inside or on the boxes my cover came in.
hope this helps

Quick Reply: PE Switchblade or Patriot Stealth LT Tonneau