Topic Sponsor
2015 - Present Ford F150 General discussion on the latest generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCO expiring before new retail delivery

Old 09-24-2018, 08:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default PCO expiring before new retail delivery

Hi everyone

I was fortunate enough to get a PCO through one of the forum members on here. I got the PCO on August 15th and my trucks ETA is for October 4th. The PCO expires on the 31st of september, so I'm kinda clueless on what options I have.

The GM of the dealer said he has not seem them before, and claimed I could only do it with a STOCK vehicle, not an order.

If someone could clarify this entire thing it would be super appreciated!

Topher
Old 09-24-2018, 08:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The GM is wrong, PCO's work on ordered trucks. They need to call the PCO in and get it protected so it works after the expiration date. As long as a VIN was issued before the PCO expires, the dealer can get it protected so it applies after the exp. date.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by seatowjoe View Post
The GM is wrong, PCO's work on ordered trucks. They need to call the PCO in and get it protected so it works after the expiration date. As long as a VIN was issued before the PCO expires, the dealer can get it protected so it applies after the exp. date.

I will call back with this info tomorrow. I have heard conflicting info so I was concerned it wouldn't work. THANK YOU!!!!!
Old 09-24-2018, 11:58 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default True

Absolutely! The GM is wrong. We Know.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:08 AM

Received 146 Likes on 100 Posts

GM is wrong, I used my PCO on an Ordered Truck. Locked it in before the truck hit the dealer, after I had the VIN.

You can verify your PCO and everything we are telling you by calling:

PCO and Current Incentive Information:
800-334-4375 option 1 then 3
Old 09-25-2018, 06:59 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

One more vote for the GM being wrong. Got my PCO 3 weeks after I placed the order. Contacted the dealer at that time and he confirmed it would be applied even if the truck arrived after the PCO's expiration date. Call Ford Marketing if he continues to BS you.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

What is a PCO?
Old 09-25-2018, 12:54 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MidWestBoost View Post
What is a PCO?
Private Cash Offer. These come directly from Ford for up to an extra $3,000 offer. The current expiration date on these is 10/31/18.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:13 PM
It's MINE!

Received 213 Likes on 149 Posts

I ordered my truck on July 7th. Incentives expired on July 9th. I took delivery of it on August 31'st with all incentives subtracted from the price. As long as the dealer locks in the incentives and PCO's, there is no issue.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:27 PM

Ok so thatís not an issue. But I gave the salesman the PCO in paper on the 14th of August. I donít believe the dealer added it to the VIN like I mentioned, so Iím not sure if they will be able to get it added- since it was in their possession and they where instructed to add it. Grrrr

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCO expiring before new retail delivery

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: