Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint flaw on delivery - dealer comes through

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 09:43 PM

Received 161 Likes on 104 Posts

Default Paint flaw on delivery - dealer comes through

Well, picked up my custom ordered Screw today. Lariat, Bronze Fire. It came in on Friday when I was out of town. So, I got to give it good once over without anyone around on Sunday. Walking up to it, I spotted an obvious paint flaw on the hood from about 15 feet. A postage stamp size complete paint miss right above the grille. Beautiful clearcoat over a spot of almost no paint.

So, I e-mailed the dealer on Sunday saying I wanted it fixed and a repaint was NOT an option. I called on Monday morning and it was already in the shop. But, to my surprise, the dealer took another new one off the lot and swapped the hoods. Mine looks fabulous. The dealer will figure out with Ford what they do with the screwup. How that one passed QA is a question to ask.

Anyway, the dealer made me happy and was great for the sale. Fort Mill Ford, in South Carolina - just across the border from Charlotte.

P.S. The air conditioned seats are like sitting on a block of ice. Cool down in about 30 seconds. The seat backs not so much. They cool down some, but nothing like the seat.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:10 PM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Default Lucky you

Originally Posted by chief_bs
Well, picked up my custom ordered Screw today. Lariat, Bronze Fire. It came in on Friday when I was out of town. So, I got to give it good once over without anyone around on Sunday. Walking up to it, I spotted an obvious paint flaw on the hood from about 15 feet. A postage stamp size complete paint miss right above the grille. Beautiful clearcoat over a spot of almost no paint.

So, I e-mailed the dealer on Sunday saying I wanted it fixed and a repaint was NOT an option. I called on Monday morning and it was already in the shop. But, to my surprise, the dealer took another new one off the lot and swapped the hoods. Mine looks fabulous. The dealer will figure out with Ford what they do with the screwup. How that one passed QA is a question to ask.

Anyway, the dealer made me happy and was great for the sale. Fort Mill Ford, in South Carolina - just across the border from Charlotte.

P.S. The air conditioned seats are like sitting on a block of ice. Cool down in about 30 seconds. The seat backs not so much. They cool down some, but nothing like the seat.
Now the next guy, not so much, he or she will get the blemished hood, that's been repainted!
Old 08-18-2015, 03:38 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought my tuxedo black XLT sport 2 weeks ago and noticed clear coat runs and ripples where both front doors meet the fenders. They also tried compounding out a scuff and hazed/swirled the clear coat pretty bad on the rear suicide door. Not to mention a spot of primer peaking through in my door jamb. Its going back August 31st to get wet sanded and buffed and their supposed to spray the jamb. Really hope they come through because this is my first new truck in a long line of used fords and I can't even really enjoy it until it's fixed. 😕
Old 08-18-2015, 06:06 AM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanCZiegler
I bought my tuxedo black XLT sport 2 weeks ago and noticed clear coat runs and ripples where both front doors meet the fenders. They also tried compounding out a scuff and hazed/swirled the clear coat pretty bad on the rear suicide door. Not to mention a spot of primer peaking through in my door jamb. Its going back August 31st to get wet sanded and buffed and their supposed to spray the jamb. Really hope they come through because this is my first new truck in a long line of used fords and I can't even really enjoy it until it's fixed. 😕
Ryan not to scare you but I had a similar issue with last Ram I bought back in 02 it came in loaded with scratches after a bitch fest they tried detailing it which worked until the first rain. After many return visits they decided to wet sand the worst of them. Which looked great for a couple days, then I noticed as I was walking up to it it appeared to be dented like someone had hit it. Upon closer inspection the body was fine it was were they wet sanded and I'm assuming they sanded through clear coat and depending on angle it appeared to have a dent, which they refused to fix. Hence another of many reasons I will never own another Dodge,Ram what ever they call themselves these days. Again this is not meant to scare you but just to make you aware and give it a good inspection before you except it.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by squirrelyyy
Ryan not to scare you but I had a similar issue with last Ram I bought back in 02 it came in loaded with scratches after a bitch fest they tried detailing it which worked until the first rain. After many return visits they decided to wet sand the worst of them. Which looked great for a couple days, then I noticed as I was walking up to it it appeared to be dented like someone had hit it. Upon closer inspection the body was fine it was were they wet sanded and I'm assuming they sanded through clear coat and depending on angle it appeared to have a dent, which they refused to fix. Hence another of many reasons I will never own another Dodge,Ram what ever they call themselves these days. Again this is not meant to scare you but just to make you aware and give it a good inspection before you except it.
No, I appreciate man. Thank you. I'll be sure to analyze thoroughly this time. My mom is actually the one who spotted the original defects so maybe I'll bring her incase it's not right lol she's 100% Italian and takes 💩 from NO man. 😂
The following users liked this post:
squirrelyyy (08-18-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 01:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had bought my 15 Screw in tuxedo black and the truck was covered in pollen in Spring but I knew once they washed it up it would look beautiful, or so I thought. I signed the paperwork and the next day when I came to pick it up I noticed from 15 feet away a white spot on the drivers side door by the handle. The salesman smoothly said "it'll buff out and we will give you touch up paint." I just about lost it, and the white I thought I was seeing was the bare aluminum with the clearcoat smoothly tossed over the top. Sure enough, the passenger door had a matching FINGERPRINT from some clown opening the door when paint was wet and still clearcoated over it. The dealership said they would take care of it. "It will be finished in two days." I dropped it off on Monday and wasn't able to get it until the next Monday. I had it done at their recommended auto shop and they dropped it off at Ford for my tonneau cover to be thrown on in the process. I had freshly waxed my truck and washed it before dropping it off, and when I came to pick it up my truck was a mess inside and out. Arm rest was white, buffing compound on all door seals, overspray on my drivers side window, etc. I cleaned it all up myself but have noticed paint chips on the edge of my door where they had rounded the corner. I would have loved to have them fix all of it again but I can't go without my truck and a Hyundai rental car wasn't doing it for me. I can upload pictures if anyone wants to see.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:23 PM

Received 108 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanCZiegler
Ironic. Mine goes in on August 31 as well to get about half of the entire truck repainted. Feel like I'm being taken for a ride against my will at this point...
Old 08-18-2015, 06:32 PM

Received 367 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by bigandtall
Ironic. Mine goes in on August 31 as well to get about half of the entire truck repainted. Feel like I'm being taken for a ride against my will at this point...
Wow Good Luck. I would be having some major Chronic Unease for sure.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:45 PM

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

I ordered a Platinum Rudy Red and told the dealer when the truck came in to not touch it as far as cleaning it.
When I picked up my truck I did a complete walk around to check for any damage. My wife was surprised I picked it up so dirty. Took it straight to the best detail shop in Utah. They did 6 hours of paint correction. The paint looked like a mirror. The shop was actually impressed with the paint on the truck. After the paint correction they put on Modesta Coating Treatment.
The paint looks absolutely amazing.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:13 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine is waiting on an answer from Ford. The service dept person says it's a flaw she's sure they will approve to fix but I'm nervous about it getting done right. Thin area center above windshield.

Quick Reply: Paint flaw on delivery - dealer comes through