Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One Year Old, Bringing in for service with new Dealership

Old 04-20-2016, 11:56 AM

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts
Default One Year Old, Bringing in for service with new Dealership

So, i searched and put what i can find. If anyone knows of any TSB's or Recalls that address my issues that i missed pls help a brother out. Dont get me wrong, some are petty but while they have it i want them to fix everything or tell me its normal, whatever. To me its not normal and i have not owned any other vehicle with the issues i have noted (except a few on my wifes current explorer, hmmm FORD). I probably did not give my dealer a fair chance but after being told my vibration is a characteristic, and not being followed up with after 3 calls on when the next loaner vehicle is available i just moved on. Ive been waiting a while for TSB's and Recalls to start coming in for a fix and i hate being with out a truck but its a year old now and time to get this taken care of. Plus it seems this new dealership im bringing it to helped a friend of mine out with his F350 and he brought up all the issues (mostly minor, i agree) i was having and told him for me to bring it in and they will try their best. We'll see.
Attached Thumbnails One Year Old, Bringing in for service with new Dealership-capture.jpg  
Old 04-20-2016, 11:59 AM

Default better pic

better pic of list
Attached Thumbnails One Year Old, Bringing in for service with new Dealership-capture2.jpg  
Old 04-20-2016, 12:21 PM

Received 866 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by Cajuntriton
better pic of list
Looks like something I would do. Make a list in excel and hand it to the dealer for repairs.

I hate to say this and do not want it to come across the wrong way but it would make easier for the dealer if you gave him a column that he could check for "as designed" because unfortunately you will hear that a lot for those issues. Especially if you have taken it to the dealer for more than twice to repair anything on that list already.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:28 PM

Received 104 Likes on 66 Posts

Boy would I love to be a fly-on-the-wall when that list comes in...
Old 04-20-2016, 12:35 PM

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

What engine?
Old 04-20-2016, 01:25 PM

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

I dropped my truck off with a list such as this. The service advisor at the dealer wasn't very overly happy with me. He gave me a hard time that it all couldn't be completed possibly in one visit. Blah blah blah. I replied that while I hate being without my truck that I arranged to leave it until all items were addressed. I even didn't bother them for the rental I'm entitled to under the extended warranty terms I have. I thought this was to be a good idea for all involved. Anyway long story short - they called me the next day to day all was ready. In the end they addressed a couple things and the rest was noted "operating as intended". Very discouraging as I still have rattling doors and sunroof. And few other minor things.

Later, Even went to another dealer and they also basically told me sunroofs rattle and this and that. But good luck to you with your list. I hope you fare better.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:35 PM
Master

Received 452 Likes on 254 Posts

Good luck.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:59 PM

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

You may want to bring in a few boxes of donuts with you, seriously

OEMs notoriously under pay for the actual time required to check warranty work, so while your list is very valid, the service manager is going to lose a decent amount of time (that won't be paid back by Ford) to check on all these

My suggestion some boxes of donuts plus narrow down the list to the 1-3 most important things for this trip, keep the others in your back pocket and come back in a month with them plus more donuts
Old 04-20-2016, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by doctorschlachter
What engine?
3.5 EB, dont get me wrong, when she wakes up on the good side of the bad its a beast, but i swear she just wakes up on the wrong side of the bed at times. I didnt even mention the disappointing MPG.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by twakefield
Looks like something I would do. Make a list in excel and hand it to the dealer for repairs.

I hate to say this and do not want it to come across the wrong way but it would make easier for the dealer if you gave him a column that he could check for "as designed" because unfortunately you will hear that a lot for those issues. Especially if you have taken it to the dealer for more than twice to repair anything on that list already.
Will add a column, just didnt want to give them easy way out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: One Year Old, Bringing in for service with new Dealership