Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non set up options ~ Are they out there?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 02:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Non set up options ~ Are they out there?

Okay, again I am a newbie to the forum and F150's.
I have a 2017 F150 XLT 6cyl eco. It does not have the full console, it's a six seater. It has just the sync radio with no GPS. It does have a back up camera but no sensors
I run a fleet as part of my job and I have found many options offered on higher end cars installed but not set up on a few of these. I have found remote start installed on Impala's and you just had to tap the Fob a couple of times after activating it. I have found Bluetooth phone set ups and other things. Most was trial and error by following steps like turn the key 3 times, press the brake, do a gig, hey what ever they want to get free options.

Has anyone found options "not listed" on their trucks?
Old 09-20-2017, 03:02 PM

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskeywarden
Okay, again I am a newbie to the forum and F150's.
I have a 2017 F150 XLT 6cyl eco. It does not have the full console, it's a six seater. It has just the sync radio with no GPS. It does have a back up camera but no sensors
I run a fleet as part of my job and I have found many options offered on higher end cars installed but not set up on a few of these. I have found remote start installed on Impala's and you just had to tap the Fob a couple of times after activating it. I have found Bluetooth phone set ups and other things. Most was trial and error by following steps like turn the key 3 times, press the brake, do a gig, hey what ever they want to get free options.

Has anyone found options "not listed" on their trucks?
There are quite a few options that can be enabled via Forscan. Check out the sticky for that.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the plan. I am building a 3 ring binder on all the info here. I just didn't know what people have found otherwise.

Dumb question: Does Forscan void any warranties (Messing around with factory set up)?
I have read feeds about tuning may/may not void the warranty so just curious
Old 09-20-2017, 03:09 PM

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskeywarden
That's the plan. I am building a 3 ring binder on all the info here. I just didn't know what people have found otherwise.

Dumb question: Does Forscan void any warranties (Messing around with factory set up)?
I have read feeds about tuning may/may not void the warranty so just curious
Does not appear to since Forscan does not change the ECM like a tune does.
The following users liked this post:
Whiskeywarden (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 08:46 PM

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

My understanding of warranty is, so long as dealership or ford can demonstrate that your modification is the cause or attributed to the broken item your trying to claim warranty for then they wont honor it. That being said before you start in forscan just save original files for your as build data and restore before you take it in for something. just an example off the top of my head, if you do the memory function to control your mirrors and you try to claim your mirror motor in the event it no longer works then maybe/ possibly they could stretch it and say your responsible for repairs. That being said its a long shot, but just in case I recommend saving original files and backups of the modules you edit (give them a date in the file name as you save it) so that you can always be safe.