Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no loaner - unless Ford premium care car rental coverage?

Old 09-19-2016, 03:35 PM

Received 143 Likes on 108 Posts
Default no loaner - unless Ford premium care car rental coverage?

check engine light (exhaust emission control valve issues, TSB is out for that one) came on again so I called my dealer and to my surprise this time they stated "we don't do loaner cars and unless you have Ford Premium blablabla we cannot give you a free rental". Is that company policy or does my dealer just suck? (Five Star Ford Carrollton)

pretty "impressed" that Ford treats customers this way after purchasing a $48k msrp vehicle and the issue is a TSB, well-known and happened within first 12k miles. Never had this "attitude" with BMW, GMC, VW and Hyundai... I guess if you have to tack on $1k extra on top of vehicle price just to get a decent warranty experience that does change the value equation of Ford a bit Can only imagine what it would cost to have the truck in the shop for 1 week or more....

ooh... and the rental car was quoted with $48 / day .... while stating that the control valve would be a 1-2 day job...
Old 09-19-2016, 03:49 PM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

Received 603 Likes on 457 Posts

your dealer. When I bought a used uncertified 2012 off the lot no extra warranty or anything and I had them do a few things to it after purchase, they gave me a free rental, brand new 2016 fully loaded focus with like 46 miles on the odometer, full gas and offered to fill it up as many times as needed for the week I had it.
The following users liked this post:
German_truck (09-19-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 04:31 PM
Super Hero

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow, that is one crappy dealer. I've always been given a loaner to use, free of charge whenever I've left my trucks at the dealership for warranty work or repairs.

I'd start taking my truck to a different ford dealer for warranty issues and see if they treat you any better.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Droog
Wow, that is one crappy dealer. I've always been given a loaner to use, free of charge whenever I've left my trucks at the dealership for warranty work or repairs.

I'd start taking my truck to a different ford dealer for warranty issues and see if they treat you any better.
i contacted a different dealer (still in five star ford dealer group) and they told me to bring it in tomorrow when they open at 7am and offered me a shuttle to / from work and it should be done late afternoon. I can live with no loaner and free shuttle instead IF they fix it during the day... dropping the tank and replacing the valve shouldn't be more than a few hours job to begin with.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ford does not participate in a Loaner Program. They DO provide Dealers with what's called P18 (customer assistance money) that a dealer may choose to use to provide customers rentals with. Lincoln on the other hand, does provide loaners. This is why Extended Warranty Plans are a smart decision.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, heard the same from Five Star Plano but they do have the free shuttle service.
German_truck (09-19-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by RMahoney
Ford does not participate in a Loaner Program. They DO provide Dealers with what's called P18 (customer assistance money) that a dealer may choose to use to provide customers rentals with. Lincoln on the other hand, does provide loaners. This is why Extended Warranty Plans are a smart decision.
disagree. if i want to be covered post standard included warranty - yes I'll get an extended warranty. I do NOT get an extended warranty just to have a somewhat decent experience during the standard warranty period...

If you are forced to spend $1k+ extra on top of vehicle purchase price just to have a standard warranty experience which does NOT suck... this is my first and last Ford GMCs might have their own issue but they are generous with loaners and don't attempt to nickle & dime during warranty work
kendive (09-19-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 05:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by German_truck
disagree. if i want to be covered post standard included warranty - yes I'll get an extended warranty. I do NOT get an extended warranty just to have a somewhat decent experience during the standard warranty period...

If you are forced to spend $1k+ extra on top of vehicle purchase price just to have a standard warranty experience which does NOT suck... this is my first and last Ford GMCs might have their own issue but they are generous with loaners and don't attempt to nickle & dime during warranty work

You can disagree but that's how it works. I don't make the rules, life isn't always fair. All I can suggest is to buck up and handle an issue and not look for handouts. (Not saying this directly to you but the population in general).
Old 09-19-2016, 05:27 PM
F250>F150

Received 917 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by RMahoney
You can disagree but that's how it works. I don't make the rules, life isn't always fair. All I can suggest is to buck up and handle an issue and not look for handouts. (Not saying this directly to you but the population in general).
Not really a "hand out" as this is a poor comparison to 'entitlement'. The dude has a Ford acknowledged problem. The least they can do for a known issue that they have to fix is give the guy some transportation....you know...since he bought a truck from them for transportation.

Good luck getting transportation and I hope they fix the issue correctly the first time.
The following 2 users liked this post by BoozeDaily:
Droog (09-19-2016), German_truck (09-19-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 05:33 PM
2021 F150 STX 4x4

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by kenny6
Yea, heard the same from Five Star Plano but they do have the free shuttle service.
Yeah all the dealers around me are going to this crap and doing away with loaners. They're hiding behind "our insurance won't let us anymore". Some dealers even charge you for the loaner by adding a second msrp sticker with dumb things like fabric protection, engines for life warranty, and other useless crap they won't take off. Now before you say "go shop at another dealer", they're ALl going to this same crap around here. Ford and Honda haven't yet but by the time I'm ready to buy again I bet they will be doing it too.
tomt5078 (09-20-2016)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: no loaner - unless Ford premium care car rental coverage?