Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie here, soon to buy new f150..

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 11:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Newbie here, soon to buy new f150..

Hi fellow truckfolk...glad I found ya, hope to get new f150....Currently have 2012 MustangGT w/6 speed/3.73 gears/silver/no decals!/it's fast & loud(muffler delete)...
Bought GT new, had my fun, I mean FUN, & gonna trade her in for new f150 kingcab, maybe 4x4, & this time a v6 N/A...coming from 5.0 412 hp 'stang it seems like a let down but from what I hear if I get 3.73 gears it should be just fine, I'll have to test drive for sure...I want super dependable and not necessarily fast...gonna try RicartFord in Columbus, they have cheapest prices online, we'll see....Anyway, GLAD TO BE HERE!
Old 09-29-2015, 12:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If your not going for the EcoBoost I recommend the 5.0. You don't loose that much MPG and its a fun engine to have in the Truck. I love my 5.0.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:50 AM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

The 5.0 is great but it does not hang with the EB motors, sure does sound better though..
Old 09-29-2015, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by katoom
The 5.0 is great but it does not hang with the EB motors, sure does sound better though..
I currently have a 5.0 in my 'stang and LOVE it of course, but I'm willing to scale down to v6--I dont want to deal w/any turbo issues w/ecoboost, so a n/a v6 could be my future.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by rockman23
I currently have a 5.0 in my 'stang and LOVE it of course, but I'm willing to scale down to v6--I dont want to deal w/any turbo issues w/ecoboost, so a n/a v6 could be my future.
ALSO---I havnt seen hardly any 5.0 trucks for sale in Columbus Ohio dealerships?? But there are loads of n/a v6 AND loads of 2.7 ecoboost..
Old 09-29-2015, 06:05 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've been looking as well, coincidentally Ricart is the dealership I was looking at going to next summer when I buy an F150. They seem to have some of the lowest prices overall, I see a couple places that put up one for less at times, but not many. I'm about 50 miles away from there. I am choosing to go with the turbo though, likely the 2.7L. Haven't driven the 5.0 or 3.5L, don't really need that much power.

As far as any engine problems, I think for me warranty is part of it. I don't drive tons of miles a year, so it will be awhile before I should see any problems. Also planning for an RX catch can install, hoping to find out if they can do it and not void the warranty. If you purchase at Ricart you should inquire about the lifetime drivetrain warranty all their vehicles come with. You might be able to get a ecoboost and not worry about problems down the road.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Cody2006
I've been looking as well, coincidentally Ricart is the dealership I was looking at going to next summer when I buy an F150. They seem to have some of the lowest prices overall, I see a couple places that put up one for less at times, but not many. I'm about 50 miles away from there. I am choosing to go with the turbo though, likely the 2.7L. Haven't driven the 5.0 or 3.5L, don't really need that much power.

As far as any engine problems, I think for me warranty is part of it. I don't drive tons of miles a year, so it will be awhile before I should see any problems. Also planning for an RX catch can install, hoping to find out if they can do it and not void the warranty. If you purchase at Ricart you should inquire about the lifetime drivetrain warranty all their vehicles come with. You might be able to get a ecoboost and not worry about problems down the road.
yep yer right about Ricart low prices--I dont want the 4 door, just the kingcab or supercab w/5.0 and I havnt seen ANY in Columbus...I dont need 4 doors and if I did I'd want 6.5' bed & thats too long for my garage, so I'll take kingcab w/5.0, 6.5' bed, I'll add 3.73 gears later!!
Old 09-29-2015, 10:21 AM
F150 Forum

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Cody2006

To date no one has ever had their warranty voided due to the installation of a catch can. Aftermarket accessories have to cause catastrophic failure in order for them to void a warranty. A catch can just steps in between the PCV and Intake Manifold to catch blow by gas before it can bake on to the valves. We have a group buy going on right now that will get you some pretty steep discounts on a kit. Send me an email if you want in, it ends tomorrow.

tom@rxspeedworks.com

Quick Reply: Newbie here, soon to buy new f150..