Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Lariat, New guy w/ questions & pix

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 10:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default New Lariat, New guy w/ questions & pix

My last F150 was a 92 so after numerous GMC Sierras/Denalis, I jumped on an in stock, metallic Lariat Crew 4x4 EB, nicely equipped w/ 502A pkg, 20 inch wheels, moonroof, trailer pkg & mirrors, Sync Nav & camera, power boards, tailgate step , bed extender, & large tank.

The main reason I switched was all the F150 features that no other manufacturer offers.
The trailer memory settings, offroad angle gauges, killer headroom even w/ the double roof, LED lights everywhere, tailgate step, and the capless filler-all for much less than the latest Sierra Denali.

I was really on the fence as I havent been a fan of the last few F150 gens, but this new one is just over the top on features. Rides amazing, Eco Boost outruns my 6.2 AWD, and feels so much roomier.
On mixed highway & city ride home avg 16+ MPG. 3 better than my GM 6.2

Couple minor issues & questions(Yes, I'll read the manual soon)

I dig the 20 inch OEM wheels but 275/55 tires are way too skinny. Whats the best size, without rubbing or killing MPG, to fill the wells?

On the test drive, sales gal synced her droid and incoming texts came on screen and were read by Sync. Wont work w/ my Iphone 6. Anyone know if that's going to change? Any other Iphone issues since Sync is Microsoft?

Has the capless filler caused anyone constant pump clickoffs? The GMC used to do it 6-12 times before full, sometimes more.

This is my daily driver and my weekend dirt bike hauler. Maybe this will help other motoheads to skip the extender option. At first I thought the extender was cool, but after trying to load a bike (or bikes) one bike wont fit w/ the extender folded away and tailgate up. With 2 bikes, both rear tires need to be angled to center of gate , as extender doesn't use whole tailgate and if you load 2 bikes in,the extender cant unfold. Plus extender is bolted in, not quick release to remove. PITA. Looks like this is headed for ebay and after market will replace it.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:15 PM

Received 83 Likes on 53 Posts

Great looking truck! Just from my experience: My iPhone 6 doesn't support the text feature in sync. If I remember right, my 5s did before the switch to iOS 8 in our other Sync vehicle, but didn't after iOS8 came out. No problems with the fuel shutting off constantly with the capless filler. It occasionally happened in my Mustang, but was easily fixed by repositioning the nozzle. I'm bumping my tires up to 275/70R18 on the factory wheels, but that's the same width as stock, just taller. Search for a thread titled "lifted 2015 Platinum", he has 35" tires mounted with a level kit. The size that fits will depend on a lot of variables (level kit, wheel offset, true tire size- mfg listed size isn't always exact). MPG and power loss will always be factors, how much depends on the weight of the tire, size difference and your trucks gearing. Welcome to the site!

Last edited by BlacknTan2; 01-07-2015 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:18 PM
Keepin' the lights on!

Received 229 Likes on 153 Posts

She's a beauty!

Can you take some pics of the intercooler? I want to see how different from my '12 the IC is.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:18 PM

Received 398 Likes on 344 Posts

Congrats nice looking truck
Old 01-07-2015, 10:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an iPhone 6 plus and at first the text feature didn't work at all. But after a day or two is started working. I would suggest going into your iPhone bluetooth setting and playing around there. Nice truck btw
Old 01-07-2015, 10:25 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Congratulations, looks great! That's the same colour we ordered with same wheels I know what you mean about tires looking skinny that's why we'll be getting 22" rims with 305/40-22 tires And will use the 20" for winter.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks all. One question I forgot to ask-I'd like to level it but not by raising front. Best option? I haul clients occasionally and my last truck, drop shackles leveled the rear down.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:34 PM

Received 83 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by bp299
Thanks all. One question I forgot to ask-I'd like to level it but not by raising front. Best option? I haul clients occasionally and my last truck, drop shackles leveled the rear down.
Take out the rear block.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are compatible with the read received text messages function of the Sync system. Once you have paired the iPhone, go into Bluetooth settings and locate the Sync entry. Tap the blue 'i' on the right side of the Sync entry and in the screen that pops up turn on the Notifications switch and you should be good to go.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:51 PM
LONE STAR

Received 629 Likes on 432 Posts

Congrats on the truck. I like the new tow mirrors

Quick Reply: New Lariat, New guy w/ questions & pix