Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new guy, couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 10:15 AM

Received 225 Likes on 141 Posts

Default new guy, couple questions

hey guys,

Just traded my 2014 Ram 1500 Hemi for a 2015 F150 XLT 5.0 last night. Always been a ford guy but the Ram deal was too good to pass up last year. Was able to make a much better move into this truck and loving it so far.

Have a couple questions in regards to this truck, tried searching but didn't find much.

1.) On the Rams, tuning the ECU paused the odometer so that when you brought it in for service, the dash odo and ECU odo wouldn't match and they'd know you messed with it. Anything similar on these trucks?

2.) Any recommendations for a drop in bedliner? My truck has the cleats and LED bed lights, so I'm curious as to what everyone's used.

3.) Truck has halogen lights which seem better than the ones that came on my Ram, but I typically upgrade to HID on all my vehicles. Has anyone had any luck with HID or LED upgrades? Which brands seem to work well? Not looking to do a projector retrofit since it's a lease, but I typically like having more light out front.

4.) Have a big ol' 90lb chocolate lab who loves to go in the truck. Would like to invest in a quality seat cover this time around to protect it from the dog hair. Anyone have any recommendations? Really like the idea of the covercraft carhartt covers but doesn't look like they have rear covers yet?

Last edited by jcat; 09-09-2015 at 01:57 PM.

Quick Reply: new guy, couple questions