Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What Do You Want Your 2015 F-150 to Sound Like?
Keep it Stock
12.00%
Mild - a bit louder than stock at idle with a nice low rumble when you give it some gas
44.00%
Moderate - obvious rumble at idle with a moderately aggressive tone when on the gas
36.00%
Aggressive - can be heard from a block away
8.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

New Flowmaster Exhaust Systems for the 2015 F-150: What Would You Like to See?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 06:28 PM
F150 Forum

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts
Default New Flowmaster Exhaust Systems for the 2015 F-150: What Would You Like to See?

Sound is subjective. It is for this reason that Flowmaster produces over a dozen different series of mufflers, as well as numerous Cat-back and Axle-back kits for nearly every major make, model, and submodel of vehicle. Currently, Flowmaster engineers are hard at work developing new systems that will increase the sound quality and performance characteristics of the 2015 Ford F-150 and we would like to get some feedback from all of you.

What would you like to see in an aftermarket exhaust system for the 2015 Ford F-150? In terms of sound, would you be more likely to purchase a mild, moderate, or aggressive system? Do you like the look of a single tailpipe, dual tailpipes, dual tips, or maybe even dual pipes with dual tips? Where would you like the pipe or pipes to exit? What color, shape, and size of tip do you prefer? Your opinion is valuable to us. Vote in our poll and leave your comments in this thread. We want to hear what you have to say!
Old 10-22-2014, 06:47 PM

Received 333 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt@Flowmaster
Sound is subjective. It is for this reason that Flowmaster produces over a dozen different series of mufflers, as well as numerous Cat-back and Axle-back kits for nearly every major make, model, and submodel of vehicle. Currently, Flowmaster engineers are hard at work developing new systems that will increase the sound quality and performance characteristics of the 2015 Ford F-150 and we would like to get some feedback from all of you.

What would you like to see in an aftermarket exhaust system for the 2015 Ford F-150? In terms of sound, would you be more likely to purchase a mild, moderate, or aggressive system? Do you like the look of a single tailpipe, dual tailpipes, dual tips, or maybe even dual pipes with dual tips? Where would you like the pipe or pipes to exit? What color, shape, and size of tip do you prefer? Your opinion is valuable to us. Vote in our poll and leave your comments in this thread. We want to hear what you have to say!

I voted for mild ala the mellow sound of SS cat-back MagnaFlow systems that have been installed on previous F-150s...also prefer classic round dual pipes exiting under the rear bumper.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:30 AM
F150 Forum

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon
I voted for mild ala the mellow sound of SS cat-back MagnaFlow systems that have been installed on previous F-150s...also prefer classic round dual pipes exiting under the rear bumper.
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 10-23-2014, 11:11 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey Matt, I just kinda have to wonder (and I hope I can get my point across without mudding the water) but I personally think that you should have your offerings in stages, IOW,

A system for the RCSB would have an option for moderate or aggressive, make mine a side exit 2 pipes oval tips, in front of the rear wheels. I think that most people with a "sport" truck would lean that way.

As you move up into the Scab's and Screws I would think come down a notch and offer those in the middle two sound choices with full tail pipes.

I don't know anyone that would spend the money for a nice exhaust system that would not want it at least one notch above stock.

JMHO.

Stan
Old 10-23-2014, 01:00 PM
F150 Forum

Originally Posted by Kansas Transit
Hey Matt, I just kinda have to wonder (and I hope I can get my point across without mudding the water) but I personally think that you should have your offerings in stages, IOW,

A system for the RCSB would have an option for moderate or aggressive, make mine a side exit 2 pipes oval tips, in front of the rear wheels. I think that most people with a "sport" truck would lean that way.

As you move up into the Scab's and Screws I would think come down a notch and offer those in the middle two sound choices with full tail pipes.

I don't know anyone that would spend the money for a nice exhaust system that would not want it at least one notch above stock.

JMHO.

Stan
I appreciate your response, Stan. I listed the option to, "Keep it Stock" for those individuals that will most likely not install an aftermarket exhaust system.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:13 PM

Received 113 Likes on 63 Posts

Stock exhaust for me! Never keep them long enough to spend money on exhaust.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:08 PM
Better OUT then IN

Received 253 Likes on 206 Posts

Black tail pipe option. Dual catbacks.

Not too loud.

Nice rumble but only when you punch it.

Nice quiet rumble at idle.

NO DRONE, NO DRONE, NO FREAKIN DRONE at highway speeds.

Have I made myself clear?

The following users liked this post:
LyteFly (10-23-2014)
Old 10-23-2014, 05:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Of those choices, I'd pick moderate. Dual exhaust out the back.

Like JustJimmy, NO HIGHWAY DRONE! If there is some kind of technology to allow this, bring it on.

But only for the V8. If I get any of the V6's, it will be stock exhaust, for obvious reasons. (plus it would clash with the piped-in sound)
Old 10-23-2014, 07:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make the ecoboost sound like a v8. As more and more buyers move to the these engines they will be less likely to add an exhaust. Everything I have heard for the 3.5 sounds horrible so I just kept my 11 stock
Old 10-23-2014, 08:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I always thought that a company could make a ton of money by offering an inexpensive muffler delete kit. Lots of people want the sound but can't shel out hundreds for a cutback system.

Quick Reply: New Flowmaster Exhaust Systems for the 2015 F-150: What Would You Like to See?