Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New ecoboost owner-exhaust and tune questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New ecoboost owner-exhaust and tune questions

Picked up a new xlt 3.5eco with the 302a package. Love everything about it, huge difference over the 5.4 lariat I traded in on it.

Wife and I both agree it needs a little rumble and it could use a tune to pull some more fun and make pulling our boat even easier.

I have a buddy that does mandrel bent exhaust, and I wouldn't want a cat back, but just a muffler. Any certain ones that aren't overly loud that you folks here have heard.

And next, my buddy has the sct tuner, all I would need is to purchase the tune, and download it to the programmer. Any good things about sct's tunes?

Thanks in advance for any input, here's a photo.

Name:  51E59483-32E3-4792-8A3B-D6EFECBB9D64_zpshyhytv6i.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  360.5 KB
Old 10-25-2015, 06:12 PM
Saved by Grace

Received 262 Likes on 68 Posts

Since there are tow and performance tunes along with different octane tunes, I would think that you would want your own tuner. If you are towing, you need to load the tow tune as you can't tow with a performance tune (or so I've been told) and if you get stuck at a gas station and need to run a lower octane, you also will need a tuner on hand to reprogram your truck.

Quick Reply: New ecoboost owner-exhaust and tune questions