Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with Ford Safety Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Ford Safety Issue

I'm looking for some help or advice on my issue or to see how many other people are having this same issue with their trucks? I have a 2016 F150 Lariat that in May 2018 starting having warning lights appear on my dash; Cross Traffic System Fault & Blind Spot System Fault. I went to my local dealer and they told me the sensors were dirty on the bumper. The lights would come on and go out frequently. Soon after the airbag light would come on and the HVAC system quit completely & the tire pressure monitor fault light would come on. In addition, the electronic controls for the windows no longer works. After several times to the dealer they determine the Front Interface Control Module (FICM) has failed. According to them the part was on back order from the manufacturer for 6 weeks but yet according to the dealership they are still using this same part in the new vehicles rolling off of the assembly line today. They can put the part in new trucks but they cannot supply a part to replace one that has failed. They also informed me that they do not order the part from Ford, even though there is a Ford p/n they said they had to order direct from the manufacturer. I asked the service writer how Ford would know they have a problem with the part when they don't even order it from Ford - his answer was that they would not. This does not make any sense, does it? The service writer gave me a Ford part number of GL3T18E245ADD for the FICM which when you type it in on their parts website says its not a valid number.
On 6/15/18 I opened up a case with the Ford complaint line and explained the issue to them and was given a case number. They said they would contact the dealer & get the part expedited. I spoke with the dealer shortly after and they laughed and said the people you file complaints with are a joke and cannot do anything to help the issue. So as you can imagine going into summer with no air conditioning, fan controls or being able to roll the windows down is not very safe to operate, not to mention that the airbags have been disabled on the truck. We are on week 6 on waiting for this part. The outside temperature has been in the high 90's the last couple of weeks putting the inside temp well above that. I have a sales position where I travel all of the time & this is the only vehicle I own. I feel like I am getting jerked around at the dealership but they are the best Ford dealer in our area. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas to help get this resolved?
Old 07-17-2018, 11:30 PM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

If you cannot afford an attorney and you have some extra time to spend in jail, I would crash that MF right thru the front door...

No loaner or anything? F Ford. Time for an executive email carpet bomb.

Here is the page with current Ford executive team: http://shareholder.ford.com/investor...m/default.aspx

Email format is: (firstintial)(lastname)@ford.com

Here is an exception, but you want to write this guy:
Phil Perry
Customer Relations Manager
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
(313) 322-3000
pperry3@ford.com
Old 07-17-2018, 11:48 PM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Found this TSB for your issue:
https://ford.oemdtc.com/3146/intermi...017-ford-f-150
Old 07-18-2018, 12:42 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,503 Posts

Do all of the above, and FIND ANOTHER DEALER. Obviously, they aren't the best dealer if that's all they can do. Even if that means driving. I know it sucks, but it's better than what you're dealing with now.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:45 AM

Received 1,329 Likes on 797 Posts

If truck is dangerous to drive it should be sitting at the shop awaiting parts and repairs. Continued use is your choice.

Quick Reply: Need help with Ford Safety Issue