Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation Quirks

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 10:23 PM

Received 140 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Navigation Quirks

2015 XLT with factory nav. Sync MFT has the latest version running. When inputting a destination, I can select the state, type in the city. Then with some cities, when I would then type in the street name, the keyboard is grayed out. Other cities the keyboard is active and I can type the street. If I get this far, depending on the city, the address number can be typed in, while others, the number pad will not display and the nav screen closes.

I have done a master reset. I have cleaned the contacts on the sd card. The sd card is version A8. I've ordered A10. My hope is it's the sd card.

Not sure if I should reinstall the nav program, or if the APIM is the culprit. Again, I'm hoping it's the sd card.

Any ideas of what else I might try?

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2019, 07:06 PM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by HuskyOwner
2015 XLT with factory nav. Sync MFT has the latest version running. When inputting a destination, I can select the state, type in the city. Then with some cities, when I would then type in the street name, the keyboard is grayed out. Other cities the keyboard is active and I can type the street. If I get this far, depending on the city, the address number can be typed in, while others, the number pad will not display and the nav screen closes.

I have done a master reset. I have cleaned the contacts on the sd card. The sd card is version A8. I've ordered A10. My hope is it's the sd card.

Not sure if I should reinstall the nav program, or if the APIM is the culprit. Again, I'm hoping it's the sd card.

Any ideas of what else I might try?

Thanks!
I have a 2015 Lariat with factory NAV and Sync W/ MFT, had a similar issue running the A9 card. I was finally able to get my address in, but had to try it 3x's before it finally worked. I just updated to the new A10 card, but have not had to put in an address yet, although all my favorites carried over from the last card and they seem to work. I have read that Sync 2 MFT can be a bit flakey sometimes. I have the same setup on my '15 Explorer, but think I have only ever used the address input on it once or twice.

Sorry I am not much of a help. I would be interest in what you find out.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:38 PM

Received 140 Likes on 85 Posts

Issue Resolved - Received a new A10 sd card today. Swapped out the old sd card. Nav works as designed. Able to add addresses. No grayed out keypads. Fingers crossed.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:33 AM

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts

I hated the greyed out letters while inputting an address into MFT. Sync 3 is much better in that regard.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:30 AM
Save the Manuals!

Received 1,058 Likes on 492 Posts

Quirks and features...

I had a similar issue on my 2015 and getting the newer SD card fixed the issue. I think it was on A7 and I went to the A8 though. Don't remember since the truck is long gone.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:38 AM

Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

I find using the voice commands works best. It's a little cumbersome with all the menus but works decently.

Quick Reply: Navigation Quirks