Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

myford touch- text message notification pop up

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 06:17 AM
OakenFall

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default myford touch- text message notification pop up

Does anyone know a "work around" or a way to disable the text notification pop up on the myford touch system? (2015)
Its very annoying. I looked through the settings but couldn't see how to turn it off.
thank you
Rob
Old 09-28-2015, 07:45 AM

Received 367 Likes on 283 Posts

Yes you need to reset and remove your phone from you truck and remove or unpair the truck from your phone. Re pair it and then when your phone asks to let the truck have permission for messages just click no. Good Luck...

I don't ever pair my phone to the truck. I don't like it and it not needed really annoying to me. I use a blue tooth headset for everything. I don't need the truck taking over my phone. LOL
The following users liked this post:
CaptainAmericaRob (09-28-2015)
Old 09-28-2015, 08:15 AM
OakenFall

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

cool, yes, you're right, i recall seeing that when we pared my phone at the dealer. I love the sync for phone calls, but i don't want any text message notifications popping up on the screen.
thanks!
The following users liked this post:
kendive (09-28-2015)
Old 09-28-2015, 08:20 AM

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

If you have an iPhone, go to Sync in your list of Bluetooth devices, and turn off the the "show notifications" option. Will stop sending them to the truck, but you can still use all the handy other Bluetooth features!
Old 09-28-2015, 08:34 AM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

When I bought my 2013 this feature didn't work and for the life of mine I could find a way to get it to work. After a automatic update it started working out of the blue. Once it started working I quickly disliked the feature not that I try to hide things from my work but it's nobody's business(other passengers) to see my texts so i tried to turn it off. I couldn't get it turned off. Altering updating to the latest sync software the sync system went through a reset and once it came back up the text feature hasn't worked.

So basically I had no way to turn it on or off and only after sync was reset did it work or stop working without any input from me. Just glad it's not working

Wayne
Old 09-28-2015, 01:22 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainAmericaRob
Does anyone know a "work around" or a way to disable the text notification pop up on the myford touch system? (2015)
Its very annoying. I looked through the settings but couldn't see how to turn it off.
thank you
Rob
Hi CaptainAmericaRob,

kendive's suggestion works with Android phones. If you have an iPhone, go to the Bluetooth Settings (as Jaredkm suggested) and select the blue "i" to the right of SYNC. You will have the option to turn SHOW NOTIFICATIONS off there. Let me know how it goes.

Shaay

Last edited by FordIVTteam; 09-28-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I wish the Sync system was FULLY compatible with my iPhone. The iPhone is arguably the most popular cell phone on the planet but it wont do photo ID or text msg. Why not?
Old 09-28-2015, 05:13 PM

Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman 21
I wish the Sync system was FULLY compatible with my iPhone. The iPhone is arguably the most popular cell phone on the planet but it wont do photo ID or text msg. Why not?
probably because of Apple
Old 09-28-2015, 06:53 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman 21
Iceman 21,

Photo ID and text messaging over Bluetooth are phone dependent features. Apple has optimized the use for incoming text messages, but you are not able to respond. iPhones don't have the Photo ID option either. Follow these steps to activate incoming text:

1. Go to the Bluetooth Settings on your iPhone.
2. You should see SYNC NOT CONNECTED or SYNC CONNECTED.
3. To the right, select the blue "i."
4. Turn SHOW NOTIFICATIONS on.

Once that is completed, turn Bluetooth off and on again. You should be notified the next time you receive a text.

Shaay

Quick Reply: myford touch- text message notification pop up