Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My touch and iPhone6

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 12:49 PM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Default My touch and iPhone6

So I was just issued an iPhone 6 from work (not 6s). Prior to pairing this with my truck I was using an android phone and was able to see text messages on the screen. With the iPhone I am not able to see them, instead I get a message that says my device is not able to use this feature.
I'm guessing there's a lot of people that have run into this, has anyone found a solution.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:00 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

On phone, Settings, Bluetooth, press blue "!" next to SYNC, turn on Show Notifications.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is another post that answers this. But in summary...
1. Update your MTF to 3.8 (for this you may need to find the other thread)
This will allow you to hold down the button on the steering wheel for 3 sec, to get Siri via the bluetooth. Siri allows you to use voice commands to make calls, read texts, send texts, etc.

In the phone settings...
2. In the phone Bluetooth settings, select the "i" beside SYNC, and enable Show Notifications.

3. In the phone Notifications-Messages, enable "Show on Lock Screen"

If you have done all this while in the truck and paired. You will need to turn off the truck and open the driver door. They start it back up to reconnect.

Good luck.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:11 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by katoom
So I was just issued an iPhone 6 from work (not 6s). Prior to pairing this with my truck I was using an android phone and was able to see text messages on the screen. With the iPhone I am not able to see them, instead I get a message that says my device is not able to use this feature.
I'm guessing there's a lot of people that have run into this, has anyone found a solution.
Hi katoom,

RacerBX1 and ConnectEgr are both correct. Make sure you turn SHOW NOTIFICATIONS on in the Bluetooth settings of your iPhone: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...ur-iphone.html Let me know if this doesn't work.

Shaay
Old 10-20-2015, 01:13 PM

I'm at MFT v3.8 and I have enabled show notifications.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:30 PM
Ford Customer Service

Hey katoom,

Try turning the Bluetooth off and back on before getting into the car. Also, the iPhone must be on the locked screen to receive the notification through SYNC. Go to SETTINGS>NOTIFICATIONS>MESSAGES to make sure SHOW ON LOCKED SCREEN is turned on.

Shaay
Old 10-20-2015, 05:11 PM

So I have everything working except being able to see text messages on the screen. I can use Siri and I can send messages but I cannot see any from the screen. Is this normal or is there still something that I need to resolve.

Last edited by katoom; 10-20-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:31 PM

Received 877 Likes on 561 Posts

So I have everything working except being able to see text messages on the screen. I can use Siri and I can send messages but I cannot see any from the screen. Is this normal or is there still something that I need to resolve.
Did you follow the phone settings in post #3. I have an iPhone 6 also and mine shows up on the screen.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:01 PM
Ford Customer Service

katoom,

Were you able to try the things I wrote in my last post? In addition to that, please make sure DO NOT DISTURB is not activated on your iPhone. You'll know it's on if you see a crescent moon next to your battery indicator.

Shaay

Quick Reply: My touch and iPhone6