Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missed Sale opportunity ford Ford, here is why...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 03:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Missed Sale opportunity ford Ford, here is why...

Dear Ford,

I like the F150 Sport XLT the best out of all trucks. I even had a custom ordered one on order last year, however my company got sold and I got laid off and had to cancel. I was able to get a tad over 10K off last March on a 16' XLT Sport Crew. I wish you were that generous this time around. MY budget was $37k for a new XLT Sport crew with 302A in the 2.7. Thats all I cared about, no other options needed. Silver, magnetic or Lithium.

I had no brand loyalty this time around and looked at a few truck manufactures. Ram Sport had the nicest interior, but was way too tall and horrible gas mileage and questionable reliability. GM trucks are very nice, but way too expensive and just were not willing to deal. These were the only full size trucks I would consider besides Ford.

However, they all had one thing over Ford that was a big deal, but I can overlook it. A 4x4 Auto button. Cant believe you dont offer that in the XLT trim.

Well, back to my story. Somehow in 2017, I guess you really didnt want new customers. on 2017's the best I got off was a whole $6500, yippy, and on left over 16's I had to look at over 300 miles away to get something that was $10k off, on a left over truck!. All the other brands where at 20-30% off their left over trucks! Not you Ford, or at least your Western PA dealerships. My dealership told me he was able to give me a better deal least year on a new F150 than this year on the same 16" left over truck. Ridiculous IMHO.

I negotiated with multiple dealers, willing to travel, put dealers up against each other, ran the numbers with invoice, hold back, everything. I am also in sales so I know ow the game is played. All I got from Ford was the attitude of "We will sell it soon enough, no need to discount that much" Actually that was literally what a sales manager told me.

So I went on to look at used F150's with less than 15k miles. Preferred Certified. Even worse "we will sell it" attitude, and to boast, they are all from Canada! 7 of the 10 truck I looked at were Canadian. 5 of them had that ugly engine heater cord on the front behind the grille. all non certified, of course. They were all over priced. I looked at exchange rates and what New Canadian trucks are selling for. Heck for $38K I can get a 16" New Lariat Sport Crew up there! You want $36k+ for a truck with 11k miles on it and not certified? Give me a break.... I dont know if its my region or not, but I cant find any good deals in the colors I want in the Sport Crews with the 302A. Best I found was a Canadian truck that was a Blue Crew Sport with 302A and Nav, $34200 with 10k miles. Not certified and had looked like it came from a provenance with a lot salt, even more than up here in PA. Scratched up bumpers and could see rust blotches starting on the underside.

Sorry Ford, but you lost your opportunity to sell another truck. Your dealerships really have that " we sell the most trucks year in and year out, we will sell it to someone else attitude" I also asked for a mail brochure 3 times so I could see if I could get the rebate on the back. 1 month later, none came....I got my brochure from Ram and Silverado in 10 days.

I am buying a 2017 fully loaded Tacoma TRD Off road double cab for 10% off msrp, which is an amazing deal on a new Tacoma. Comes in cheaper than the F150 and will resell a lot better. Hate to say if Ford, but you drove me to look elsewhere. This was not a "bitching" rant, but a fair assessment of my buying experience. Dont know if anyone else expereinced this, but maybe Ford Reps look through these forums and hopefully it may improve their customer service.

Thank you Forum, this is a great forum and I had a nice time searching for things and reading up. Would have liked to be a part of it.
The following 2 users liked this post by 16XLTFX4:
digitaltrucker (02-01-2017), kendive (02-02-2017)

Popular Reply

02-01-2017, 04:03 PM
UNBROKEN
Ezekiel 25:17

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Cool story bro. Bye.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Ezekiel 25:17

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Cool story bro. Bye.
The following 13 users liked this post by UNBROKEN:
cal50 (02-02-2017), CiDhed (02-02-2017), GetYaFordOn (02-02-2017), Gfox4850 (02-03-2017), gmcretz (02-02-2017), ilkhan (02-02-2017), Jart (02-02-2017), jerseycoyote (02-03-2017), MGM (02-02-2017), pcpctc520 (02-04-2017), Ryan... (02-02-2017), Schlotzky (02-01-2017), zx12-iowa (02-01-2017) and 8 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-01-2017, 04:05 PM

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts

Everyone has a choice, Ford included on how they deal in trucks. A Tacoma is not in the range of an F150, it a midsize truck and I can't see it holding value any better than the Ford. If you are going Toyota it should have been a Tundra, you're comparing apples to oranges unfortunately.

Deals were good up here on leftovers, $9500 off before you even start to negotiate, then whatever you can get them down from there. For us Canadians I also got top dollar for my trade as I guarantee it's headed south of the border.

Enjoy the Tacoma, if you haul large items (or more than 1 other passenger) I have a feeling you'll come back to fullsize. I'm not brand loyal at all, I buy what I like, it just happens that this time what I liked was a Ford.

Last edited by harrisb; 02-01-2017 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:07 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you were really a f150 customer your not going to be the slightest bit happy in a Tacoma you're comparing apples to oranges. Owned one wouldn't go back, the new 3.5 is a turd.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:08 PM

Received 143 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by UNBROKEN
Cool story bro. Bye.
LOL. Your response reminded me of the Tombstone movie.

The following 4 users liked this post by freman dave:
COBRAJOE (02-01-2017), DJinAC (02-02-2017), gmcretz (02-02-2017), MattVulture (02-01-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 04:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by harrisb
Everyone has a choice, Ford included on how they deal in trucks. A Tacoma is not in the range of an F150, it a midsize truck and I can't see it holding value any better than the Ford. If you are going Toyota it should have been a Tundra, you're comparing apples to oranges unfortunately.

Deals were good up here on leftovers, $9500 off before you even start to negotiate, then whatever you can get them down from there. For us Canadians I also got top dollar for my trade as I guarantee it's headed south of the border.

Enjoy the Tacoma, if you haul large items I have a feeling you'll come back to fullsize. I'm not brand loyal at all, I buy what I like, it just happens that this time what I liked was a Ford.
I only wanted the full size for the crew cab and the size, however, I am only 5.7'' and my wife is even smaller. She couldnt even get in the RAM. She was able to get in the F150, but just too much space, if that makes sense. I like the styling of the F150 and the fuel economy of the 2.7. Thats really about it. The taco has over 6K towing, which is more than I will ever need. Just felt more maneuverable, but also felt big, not as big as F15-, but still big for a midsize. I never considered it before as I was always looking for an F150, then I just got too pissed at the Ford dealerships and the snarky attitude and the way they treated me. I walked in with my dad to one dealership and they wouldnt even talk to me, even when negotiated and I stated multiple times it was for me. I am 30, married and own my own home. Toyota walked right up to me instead of him. I am not going to compare the F150 to the Taco, nor did I make this thread to compare the two. Just made it to see if anyone else had the same experience with Ford lately. My experience last year was so much more a pleasure than this year. They wanted to sell last year, this year not so much.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:20 PM

Received 221 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by 16XLTFX4
Dear Ford,

I like the F150 Sport XLT the best out of all trucks. I even had a custom ordered one on order last year, however my company got sold and I got laid off and had to cancel. I was able to get a tad over 10K off last March on a 16' XLT Sport Crew. I wish you were that generous this time around. MY budget was $37k for a new XLT Sport crew with 302A in the 2.7. Thats all I cared about, no other options needed. Silver, magnetic or Lithium.

I had no brand loyalty this time around and looked at a few truck manufactures. Ram Sport had the nicest interior, but was way too tall and horrible gas mileage and questionable reliability. GM trucks are very nice, but way too expensive and just were not willing to deal. These were the only full size trucks I would consider besides Ford.

However, they all had one thing over Ford that was a big deal, but I can overlook it. A 4x4 Auto button. Cant believe you dont offer that in the XLT trim.

Well, back to my story. Somehow in 2017, I guess you really didnt want new customers. on 2017's the best I got off was a whole $6500, yippy, and on left over 16's I had to look at over 300 miles away to get something that was $10k off, on a left over truck!. All the other brands where at 20-30% off their left over trucks! Not you Ford, or at least your Western PA dealerships. My dealership told me he was able to give me a better deal least year on a new F150 than this year on the same 16" left over truck. Ridiculous IMHO.

I negotiated with multiple dealers, willing to travel, put dealers up against each other, ran the numbers with invoice, hold back, everything. I am also in sales so I know ow the game is played. All I got from Ford was the attitude of "We will sell it soon enough, no need to discount that much" Actually that was literally what a sales manager told me.

So I went on to look at used F150's with less than 15k miles. Preferred Certified. Even worse "we will sell it" attitude, and to boast, they are all from Canada! 7 of the 10 truck I looked at were Canadian. 5 of them had that ugly engine heater cord on the front behind the grille. all non certified, of course. They were all over priced. I looked at exchange rates and what New Canadian trucks are selling for. Heck for $38K I can get a 16" New Lariat Sport Crew up there! You want $36k+ for a truck with 11k miles on it and not certified? Give me a break.... I dont know if its my region or not, but I cant find any good deals in the colors I want in the Sport Crews with the 302A. Best I found was a Canadian truck that was a Blue Crew Sport with 302A and Nav, $34200 with 10k miles. Not certified and had looked like it came from a provenance with a lot salt, even more than up here in PA. Scratched up bumpers and could see rust blotches starting on the underside.

Sorry Ford, but you lost your opportunity to sell another truck. Your dealerships really have that " we sell the most trucks year in and year out, we will sell it to someone else attitude" I also asked for a mail brochure 3 times so I could see if I could get the rebate on the back. 1 month later, none came....I got my brochure from Ram and Silverado in 10 days.

I am buying a 2017 fully loaded Tacoma TRD Off road double cab for 10% off msrp, which is an amazing deal on a new Tacoma. Comes in cheaper than the F150 and will resell a lot better. Hate to say if Ford, but you drove me to look elsewhere. This was not a "bitching" rant, but a fair assessment of my buying experience. Dont know if anyone else expereinced this, but maybe Ford Reps look through these forums and hopefully it may improve their customer service.

Thank you Forum, this is a great forum and I had a nice time searching for things and reading up. Would have liked to be a part of it.
You obviously have not read about the 3rd Gen tacoma issues. You need to do a google search and sit back because you will fall out of your chair. The 3rd gen tacoma is one of the most problematic trucks right now. The Mini Van motor paired to the new transmission is a nightmare right now, along with horribly howling rear ends, and a lot of customers are blowing the new mini van motor up 300 miles off the lot. The transmissions are coming 2 Qts low, and rear ends about 1.5 qts low. Just do a quick search, and i bet you change your mind. The new tacoma is not reliable like the previous versions. I know there are a few of us on here that are previous Taco owners for a reason.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:22 PM

Received 272 Likes on 188 Posts

Can't afford it. Got it.
The following 7 users liked this post by tsigwing:
Axxion89 (02-01-2017), Jason_Larsen (02-03-2017), jerseycoyote (02-03-2017), MattVulture (02-01-2017), MGM (02-02-2017), Ricktwuhk (02-02-2017), Ronski (02-02-2017) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-01-2017, 04:25 PM

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by freman dave
LOL. Your response reminded me of the Tombstone movie.

Came here to post this.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:27 PM

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts

You are a younger guy (I am too) and walked into a dealer with your father..... That was your problem right there. The dealers have no way of knowing you are married, own your own home, etc. If a father and son are walking into a dealer looking at F150's either the father is shopping or the father is buying for the son, that is exactly why the dealers spoke with him. On the Tacoma side, they are more geared for younger people with no kids, less items to haul around, (basically your visual profile). Of course they are going to come up to you, you were hooked the minute you walked in. Now, had you walked into the Ford dealer by yourself or were looking at a Focus RS I'd bet it was a totally different story. You basically profiled yourself, I never shop for cars with my father, he likes stock, I like not stock
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (02-02-2017)