Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Me Brakes Be Squealing

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 05:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Me Brakes Be Squealing

Why it does this when I'm leaving work, and everyone turns to see what that noise is, and nowhere else is a puzzle. (I don't notice it when I leave the house to go to work)

It is a disc brake squeal, and it goes away after I hit the brakes for the first stop.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the electric park brake, and when I release it the pads are dragging?

Anyone else's squealin'?

I don't think there's a problem except for the head turning sound.

I wonder if a few "power stops" might cure the squeal.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pikkup
Why it does this when I'm leaving work, and everyone turns to see what that noise is, and nowhere else is a puzzle. (I don't notice it when I leave the house to go to work) It is a disc brake squeal, and it goes away after I hit the brakes for the first stop. I'm thinking it has something to do with the electric park brake, and when I release it the pads are dragging? Anyone else's squealin'? I don't think there's a problem except for the head turning sound. I wonder if a few "power stops" might cure the squeal.
There is something stuck between the calliper and the break. It needs to be removed by taking tire off and pulling it out.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:28 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

It's the Deliverance option: They squeal real purdy, don't they...

-R

Last edited by rdinatal; 08-15-2016 at 09:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
lumpythetexan (08-15-2016)
Old 08-15-2016, 10:06 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine does this every morning when I back up out of my driveway to leave to work, literally every morning. Like you said it goes away after the first or 2nd stop but it sure is annoying at 4 am.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:23 PM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Where do you live? High humidity, and rain, will build up brake dust like rust on the rotor between the pads. This will cause a squealing, metal grinding like noise till it scrapes off the pads and rotors.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:08 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by anthony2558
Where do you live? High humidity, and rain, will build up brake dust like rust on the rotor between the pads. This will cause a squealing, metal grinding like noise till it scrapes off the pads and rotors.

I live in San Diego, Hot and Dry mostly, regardless of what the weather is like it still does it everyday,

Quick Reply: Me Brakes Be Squealing