Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loss of communication, phone connectivity issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 07:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Loss of communication, phone connectivity issues

This is my first post here. I bought my first ever brand new truck off the lot last week. Came from a Dodge Cummins... Man do these newer trucks ride nice! I purchased a silver 2015 4x4 XLT 5.0 3.55 with tow package and rear locker.

Anyway. Bluetooth and Sync worked great with my Galaxy S3 for the first two days. Then total loss of communication. I deleted the phone from Sync and removed it from my phone. My phone sees sync in the bluetooth menu but pops up an error on the phone when connecting. It says that it cannot communicate with Sync. I tried it with my wife's and dad's S3 and still get the same error. My work Iphone doesnt even see Sync in it's bluetooth menu.

I have performed a master reset on Sync three times and the bluetooth cache on my phone.

Do any of you have any ideas I can try? I haven't taken it back to the dealership yet as I travel for work. I would much rather try to fix at home, but feel like I may be taking it back.

Thank you for your time,

-Dan
Old 08-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by DrrtyD
This is my first post here. I bought my first ever brand new truck off the lot last week. Came from a Dodge Cummins... Man do these newer trucks ride nice! I purchased a silver 2015 4x4 XLT 5.0 3.55 with tow package and rear locker.

Anyway. Bluetooth and Sync worked great with my Galaxy S3 for the first two days. Then total loss of communication. I deleted the phone from Sync and removed it from my phone. My phone sees sync in the bluetooth menu but pops up an error on the phone when connecting. It says that it cannot communicate with Sync. I tried it with my wife's and dad's S3 and still get the same error. My work Iphone doesnt even see Sync in it's bluetooth menu.

I have performed a master reset on Sync three times and the bluetooth cache on my phone.

Do any of you have any ideas I can try? I haven't taken it back to the dealership yet as I travel for work. I would much rather try to fix at home, but feel like I may be taking it back.

Thank you for your time,

-Dan
Hi Dan,

I can help! Which system do you have: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...c-version.html Let me know, and we can move forward.

Shaay
Old 08-11-2015, 07:37 PM

I have the regular version of Sync with the 4.2 inch non-touch screen.

Thank you,

-Dan

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi Dan,

I can help! Which system do you have: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...c-version.html Let me know, and we can move forward.

Shaay
Old 08-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Ford Customer Service

I have the regular version of Sync with the 4.2 inch non-touch screen.

Thank you,

-Dan

Dan,

I suggest checking for software updates in your Owner account: Owner.Ford.com Once your logged in, select the SYNC & HOW TOS tab then CHECK FOR SOFTWARE UPDATES. Select register to create an account if needed.

Keep me posted.

Shaay
Old 09-11-2015, 12:33 AM

Sorry for the late reply. I downloaded a 500+mb update from Ford and installed it. All is well again. Thank you!

Last edited by DrrtyD; 09-11-2015 at 12:36 AM.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:44 PM
Ford Customer Service

Sorry for the late reply. I downloaded a 500+mb update from Ford and installed it. All is well again. Thank you!
Hi Dan!

No worries. Glad everything went well.

Shaay
Old 09-15-2015, 05:13 AM

Received 704 Likes on 546 Posts

Thumbs down

Why cant Ford just post a normal version Like 4.2.1 instead of the BS
FR3T-14D544-AK

Quick Reply: Loss of communication, phone connectivity issues